GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) can I zoom in to a picture whilst in review?

2) can I zoom whilst video recording?

cheers

Still learning to use my Gopro 7 Black as a camera, rather than just a as dash cam in remote expeditions with my Hero 4.

·
Administrator
2,799 Posts
Im pretty sure you can only zoom before capture - not during.
Haven't used my GoPro in a while so I'll check and report back, unless someone else responds in the meantime! ;)

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
those are great questions but since gopro has many years under their Belt, and not being a real Company in camera's they are ever so slowly getting there.

1 Swipe Up, chose a thumbnail and there are no Icons for zooming, so the answer is No. Even on the App. the only way for you to zoom in is to transfer to your Smartphone, while the gopro is On wifi and yje app transfer to camera roll, is open if in the field.

2) Only way for you to zoom is Preset. while on Video, photo you can set the FOV, to the desired distance, and then record once Record is hit there is no way of continuing zooming in/out. the gopro recording must be stopped and reset to the desired distance of FOV. It is best to keep to Linear and a higher resolution and in Post (editing) to pann crop and zoom and keep to a max of a percentage that will not degrade.

GoPro can allow record zoom this has been going on in Hybrid camera since they first came out, something not in a gopro as an Action camera. they want to keep to Action sports but we all do not do Action sports so maybe in the Future of the company , the Hero 8 may start seeing Ante shake for photo's and as well zooming. in on recording we can only wish.

·
Registered
345 Posts
you are wrong this time Fish, you can double tap on picture in preview mode and it will zoom once, not very much but its at least something.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
you are wrong this time Fish, you can double tap on picture in preview mode and it will zoom once, not very much but its at least something.
thanks appreciate the correction. I learned something new today that I cam zoom in on the photo. on a 2.0 inch screen again thanks @Boznoz

Page 52-54 would have said about that but guess why we all ask our questions and learn from one another Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts