GoPro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got Yi 4k+ action camera 20 days ago and I am not satisfied with it's video stabilization or maybe I got faulty camera. Its only strange with stabilization ON,other things are fine and works great.
Mounted it on my sunroof on car,wanted to take some videos while driving but even the smallest touch on it,video is shaky.

Is this normal thing?

Hope someone can test this out and tell me is he getting same thing.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Not knowing what settings you are using they say to turn off a few things to improve EIS. Do you have lens correction on, you never mention that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not knowing what settings you are using they say to turn off a few things to improve EIS. Do you have lens correction on, you never mention that
Here is my settings:

Resolution: 1080/60
Field of view: WIDE
Metering mode: Center
Video quality : High
WB : Auto
Color : Yi color
Shutter : Auto
ISO max : AUTO
Sharpness : High
EV : 0
Electronic Image Stablization : ON

And other setting:
Adjust Lens Distortion : OFF
Housing Mode : OFF
Video Standard : NTSC

This is mine settings when I used it in car. Kinda disappointed with camera stabilization.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
NP:
I try al earlier FW I do not use the latest I stopped after 1.3 series.. People talked about the EIS with Lens on and 60P etc... so it will be hit-n-miss on ANY camera. I know and asked about how much Image sensor is used on EIS/DES its about 10% GoPro hero 6 black uses 12% and the newer chip. so Yi needs to tweak things up, but they must have dies as no other new camera has hit after Sammy Lae left.

Here is my settings:

Resolution: 1080/60
Field of view: WIDE
Metering mode: Center
Video quality : High
WB : Auto
Color : Yi color
Shutter : Auto
ISO max : AUTO
Sharpness : High
EV : 0
Electronic Image Stablization : ON

And other setting:
Adjust Lens Distortion : OFF
Housing Mode : OFF
Video Standard : NTSC

This is mine settings when I used it in car. Kinda disappointed with camera stabilization.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NP:
I try al earlier FW I do not use the latest I stopped after 1.3 series.. People talked about the EIS with Lens on and 60P etc... so it will be hit-n-miss on ANY camera. I know and asked about how much Image sensor is used on EIS/DES its about 10% GoPro hero 6 black uses 12% and the newer chip. so Yi needs to tweak things up, but they must have dies as no other new camera has hit after Sammy Lae left.
So nothing can be done here? Or just to go for 1.3 FW?

Better maybe to sold this one and get GoPro 5.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
to each their own: risk will work but putting more stress to the axis may be what one is doing.

You can sell or try loading other firmware. As yi technology. Michael and Sami created a number of firmwares

I bench test what works for you

I get a hero 6. Sell the one you donor like take a loss but more or less you will be happy with one of them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to each their own: risk will work but putting more stress to the axis may be what one is doing.

You can sell or try loading other firmware. As yi technology. Michael and Sami created a number of firmwares

I bench test what works for you

I get a hero 6. Sell the one you donor like take a loss but more or less you will be happy with one of them
You are telling that I will be happy with Hero 5 black or with Hero6?

Really I don't have that much spare time to test older FW and already I did too much testing,beside of that other thing that I don't like that battery % cause sometimes when its hot,telling that battery is low,but when camera cool down,it says around 30%.

Is there any down things I could expect of GoPro 5 black? I was reading too much reviews but there is some cons of it,but most are pros.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
As I did not say hero 5 I said Hero 6 the Hero 6 is 12% EIS, the older firmware's are the better to use, if you can not choose one I suggest just enjoying the camera?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am putting old firmware to camera to test out a little bit.If I am satisfied will enjoy it.

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
I am putting old firmware to camera to test out a little bit.If I am satisfied will enjoy it.
That;s the way. good luck hope all works out. I simply just use the camera and forget about the EIS if asked never that perfect world for a perfect camera .

Good Luck:wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That;s the way. good luck hope all works out. I simply just use the camera and forget about the EIS if asked never that perfect world for a perfect camera .

Good Luck:wink:
Tested out a lot of time,and with older FW is a little bit better but I installed again latest one. I figure out that my camera cheap mounts are crap.
Yesterday I got one mount that is really sturdy and is works like a charm, sometimes a little shaky but I need camera frame it will be more stable. Only need to find out how to put camera on sunroof cause this mount that I got is 7 cm long and it isn't stable obvious.
I want to say big thank you for yours time. Camera is quite fine on good mounts :laugh:

All the best :wink:

·
Administrator
9,371 Posts
Tested out a lot of time,and with older FW is a little bit better but I installed again latest one. I figure out that my camera cheap mounts are crap.
Yesterday I got one mount that is really sturdy and is works like a charm, sometimes a little shaky but I need camera frame it will be more stable. Only need to find out how to put camera on sunroof cause this mount that I got is 7 cm long and it isn't stable obvious.
I want to say big thank you for yours time. Camera is quite fine on good mounts :laugh:

All the best :wink:
I hear ya big time, a simply overlooked thing glad you figured it out NP happy you're happy now. both camera's are great some will beg to differ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts