·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

you may like to check this out

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i've read many a times (not just from you) about budget camera's being better than GoPro, but they just never succeed.

Must admit i only watch 5 minutes of this, but needing a case to be waterproof, looks cheap & guessing no GPS, image stabilsation. Its no threat to the Hero 5 Black

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That P fandango will be your choice, not mine? The Team who made the camera and the People like me Ian, Key have been working with Yi, and gotten a number of things taken care of, it is "The Gopro Killer" and GoPro has taken the people for a ride and left people hanging with a number of issues, like any camera company, you can never get one camera in this World to do it all, name that camera if you know it? None

FISH

·
Registered
458 Posts
Very amazing your review especially when you are wearing two glasses.
Vell the cam makes a good impression but I can't see the " killer " aspect. Why should GoPro being killed and is it dead thereafter?
Both are good cams- I guess GoPro little bit better- and they can live both on own way, it is like the big question Apple or notApple, both ways are not bad with pros and cons.
Anyway I liked your review- I watched all and of course it is too long :smile:

Ciao Rob

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is just an expression, the company used. not 90 seconds and I thank you.

If you look at the review it can be based on like said all you and why I shot with a hero 5 black and kept to the Y4K+.

it has its ups and downs, and Gopro as well?

FISH

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fish, I appreciate your journey, but have to agree with PF: You've used that headline a bit too often.
What they are is cheaper competitors, mostly imitators and often very good imitators. We all like choice.
I'm not a slave to any brand in anything. When they are good and reliable, I stick with them, but when they go off the deep end on price or quality, I find an alternative.
Gopro "owns" the market due to its brand recognition, but as you and all of the business world know, they've squandered their inheritance these past 3 years or so.
Nick doesn't seem to get the reality of needing to break out of the niche markets. His products seem to me to reflect his personal interests, which isn't a bad thing because it got us this whole line of products in the first place. But Gopro will kill itself off if it doesn't broaden its appeal very quickly. And I see no moves that are likely to do that as yet.
BTW, shorter video reviews, please.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thank you for your opinion, not offended or disagree, no matter what you got enjoy the fun, to me that wins any one over? I use more a Kodak a gopro killer. I use a gopro a gopro killer.

again thank you.

I enjoy a company that works with you, and Aiptek was one, Kodak was another, Mobius, and yi, GoPro is listening but all I hear is future, future future, they got a lot on their hands , as well anyone else. I enjoy what I do, and if it is from A-Z helps one person, the job is done.

again I hear ya guys and gals. its a camera.

FISH

·
Registered
8 Posts
4K at 60 frames a second? Electronic Image Stabilization at 4K30? It's a nice camera and Yi seems to be making waves with their action cams. I have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black that is modded with the Back-Bone Ribcage kit.. Back-Bone makes a kit for the Yi 4K and 4K+ and I'm considering getting one of those and modding it as well. The only drawback it seems is no HDMI out? No external Audio support? I'd like to set it up on a field monitor if I'm slapping my bigger lenses on it.. maybe it can do these things with the USB out? I need to learn more about it.. but 4K60 and EIS at 4K30 is nothing to turn your nose at.. great specs. Some of the footage I've seen on Youtube is really nice with the 4K+. They seem to be more than just some "knockoff" camera brand.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Administrator
2,799 Posts
Echo some of the comments above. Although the camera may offer seemingly better performance the the GoPro, what any other manufacturer really needs to do in order to 'kill' GoPro is to overcome the brand. And to be honest, GoPro - the brand - are just too established for smaller players to even come close - I mean, even Garmin and Sony struggle to match the brand even though both have fantastic cameras!

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
that is why we comment, and they make camera's and we'll leave it to that. I did not make the camera and I enjoyed the product gopro or any other brand. it has that Sony Sensor, and Sony has been around way longer then any other major company. that said

let the camera's speak for themselves. all valid points, but don't knock it to you try it if its what you're after or not.

FISH

Somewhere in your collections are other cameras (wink)

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Rave, rant comment,complaint, thank you.

There are more then one company in a camera, and its a Name that stands behind it, If you do not like the words gopro killer, I suggest go hitting other users on the web and Bash their topics, and see what their thoughts are, all are entitled to an opinion. Do not like it the least one can do..... I'll leave it as is and never insulted, It is your dicision all you to decide

This is not a han-shing, DXG, ISpan, ranger well these are not the camera's you know and been around stealing other peoples designs, like the Major Company Kodak reaching out to groups of people and absorbing their businesses.

GoPro may be like Kodak reached out allowed others to eat away at them, and it's all gopro's fault for allowing, As they in ways stole or Polaroid stole its design, and when you found a post that was submitted by one in here by your poster, they attacked and requested removal,.

Rather rant, rave, vent, the topic is about the Y4k+ action camera.

Here is a video that is of.....

FISH

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i'm sorry you feel i'm "bashing", & won't deny I am a GoPro addict. However nothing I've posted is untrue, it doesn't have some of the features of the Hero 5. I have been looking at getting a Garmin 360, however think I am going to wait for Fusion

perhaps a more neutral, unbiased title would of got things rolling in the right direction. I've never seen a post claiming GoPro's are purely the best camera for everyone either

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not saying you or ifti or anyone.

It's a GoPro forum I expected exactly that. I clearly said in my video. It's all you. Enough said.

Over time things wear. And when you start looking elsewhere you'll say why haven't I done that sooner. And we all stick to one product we love. So all I say is don't knock it till you tried it

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You be amazed

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i'm a bit stuck now about 4k. I've got a 3D HD TV at the minute that i'm happy with, although would like to try 4k. The problem now is you can't get a 4k 3D TV

i do record in 4k with the drone, purely for the extra zoom capacity

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gopro shot a video yi4K+ shot a video a sec or two diffrence

[email protected] with 60mbbs to [email protected] with 100mbbs

It be quite fair to keep both the same and not the max, if asked, right?

remember this is a Hero 4 not hero 5 so there is a little difference if asked

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here i made and allow a lil time

gopro hero 4 black, love the sound, and [email protected] at 100 mbbs rendered down some, with just the Yi4K+ only [email protected] at a rendered level soon to come

1 - 20 of 26 Posts