GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to GoPro. I have a MacBook Air that is several years old. I could use some recommendations on editing software. I don't need anything professional grade - I don't need anything terribly advanced - I don't want to spend a fortune - this is just a for fun hobby for for an old retired guy.

I did a Bing search and ran across an article with 12 recommended apps. The one that seemed like the best fit for features and price is Wondershare Filmora. Another one on the list is iMovie - i have a tiny bit of experience with it - i was not favorably impressed by it.

I'd like to get some input on Wondershare Filmora if you've used it.

I would gladly take suggestions on other software that is comparable in price ($105).

TIA

·
Administrator
9,553 Posts
I am a Pc win guy I use Wondershare Filmore 9 Love it, love the titles and the program, for Apple I am sure you will like it, if you look at Devenchi resolve totally free program you can learn that all for free, the purchased one only has a few more things, that is not needed if asked Blackmagic.com devinchi resolve 16.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thank you so much for the input! Devinchi was among the 12 in that article i mentioned - will definitely take another look at it as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I see why Davinchi Resolve was not a contender - it requires 16 gig of memory - this laptop only has 4 gig 😬

·
Administrator
9,553 Posts
Like what Jate said. two easiest softwares I find to use are Magix which is a take off of Imovie, back in the MEP 12 days, not sure its for a mac. and Powerdirector the same.
I use Filmora you be very happy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting subject. I am a retired pro photographer who started playing with video for fun - and it's a different game. But I'm getting there. I got a couple of older GoPro Hero4 cameras cheap on Ebay, all the features & quality I want to record my fishing sessions; and I looked for suitable video editing software. Tried Adobe's Premiere Rush since I used Photoshop professionally since way back - hated it! Very clunky, and the online tuition sessions are infuriatingly bad. I found Wondershare Filmora, thought it fairly intuitive and full-featured, bought it. I'm finding my way around it. But I have to say it has annoying features: unless you stop them, they bombard your inbox with emails almost daily offering this or that extra stuff I find utterly unnecessary; and when you search through their online help, it all seems to be provided by someone called Liz, who claims to be educated in journalism - but writes some very clunky English! At first I wondered if she was a native English speaker... The Filmora website has a banner at the bottom about some competition, and every time you move to a different page of the site you have to click it off. Irritating.
Anyway, I'd recommend Filmora as having loads of features at a very reasonable cost.For tinkering with audio I looked at Audacity - but frankly, the audio editing facilities in Filmora are more than adequate for me, and simpler to use.
Regards, G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts