GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Samsung Galaxy S7 with latest firmware connected via WiFi to Gopro Hero 4 Session.

WiFi connection is good and stable and is not the issue.

I have footage filmed at 720p 30fps. I have say two files which are 14 minutes long and one that is 8 minutes long. I am able to stream all of those files from Session to S7 over wifi without issue.

I am also able to download the 8 minute clip from the Session to the S7. This is downloaded uncompressed at correct quality level to the S7(not low quality). This takes around 20 minutes.

When I try to download one of the 14 minute full chapter files it starts fine giving a finish time of around 30 minutes. The progress bar shows the file downloading and it's gets all the way to about 95? with 1 minute or so left on the counter then all of a sudden the counter rockets to 59.59 and starts counting down. The file download also resets and goes back to the beginning. The count down keeps reducing by about 40 seconds a time until it reaches 0 and the starts again at 59.59 and repeats! File never downloads! Any ideas?

·
Registered
784 Posts
The issue is with every full chapter file whatever frame rate / quality it is filmed it.
Have you tried with another device? Is the issue happening with those as well or is it just an S7 issue?
Reason i ask is that I want to determine if it is a file issue or device issue. Also have you tried deleting the App completely and removing all settings and then re-installing it to see if it still happens?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try on an iPhone running the capture app... I send this enquiry to Gopro and this is the b**""cks they came out with.
"Hi Jay.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.
I do understand your request. So, as you said files that are shorter/partial videos can be downloaded perfectly, but longer/full videos stops while downloading, it happens because it will depend of the mobile device´s WiFi frequency, and it does not depend of the camera performance. There is not enough bandwidth withing the camera's WiFi frequency to accommodate such High resolution video or longer videos. "

I responded with....

Hi,

Whilst I appreciate 4k footage, 2.7k footage and possible 1080p 100fps footage may not copy and share due to the limitations on the cameras WiFi bandwidth this does not explain why a 720p 30fps does not copy and share. Bandwidth is not a issue as this is simply only about the rate of transfer of data. Also WiFi frequency is clearly not the issue as the Session uses an industry standard 2.4GHz b/g/n frequency which is fully supported by the Samsung Galaxy S7. The S7 also supports 5ghz WiFi also. Essentially if a small file filmed at 720p 30fps copies over WiFi from camera to Samsung S7 then a larger file should also as there is clearly enough bandwidth to support this rate of transfer. The only difference would be the time taken to transfer the data.

Is there a way that this question can be escalated?

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts