GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
BacPac

Really great idea that doesn't work. I've spent all afternoon trying to get the bac pac to talk to my hero2. I get the wifi symbol but no "RC", so I can't get to the setup menu. The remote tells me "No Cam". Connect it to my tablet, sure. NOT! iPad2 tells me this "Accessory Unavailable... The attached accessory uses too much power." Oh and by the way the download for GoPro Cineform Studio tells you that it is only good for Mac System 10.X. So that tells me it won't work on an iPad! (I don't pay attention to PC) Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

I've downloaded the updated firmware and gone thru the "hold button for 2 seconds, attach and hold button for 5 sec. far beyond the recommended 5 times to no avail.

It's Sunday so I can't contact tech support. AAARRRGGGG!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine today and

I ordered mine today and should get it in 2 days. So I don't see the app available on Google Playstore...you need that to view and control the camera right? Maybe that's why you weren't able to get it working? On the GoPro website they said the app is coming soon. You would think it would have been ready on the release date. Hope this works out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The app is not yet available

The app is not yet available for Android or IOS. This will probably come post firmware update.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got mine tonight and do not

I got mine tonight and do not believe that Win7/64 works with the CinForm Studio update function Ver. ~.127. I had to go to my Netbook Win7/32 to get the CinForm Studio to recognize that all three pieces needed updates before they would work correctly (Hero2 first, then WIFI backpack (move data cable to backpack), link remote and backpack then update remote (both units plugged into computer and units WIFI linked). However I have not been able to get the camera to link with my Android tablet (Asus T2). It only says coming soon in remote & camera displays. I will play some more tomorrow, but without the capability of linking to my phone (Nexus with 4.0.2, non-rooted) this option falls short of my expectations after the long wait.
By the way I walked into my local Best Buy and got one of the last two units.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That functionality has not

That functionality has not been established yet. I believe that right now in its release phase it only has the capability to manipulate the camera via the remote

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can say from experience

I can say from experience that Skateboardbry is correct... You can only use the remote at this time to control the camera... Do the software updates on the camera, wifi bacpac and remote.... It is all done through Cineform and takes about 5 mins... I have had a blast with my kit since Monday!!!!

Also remember that we are getting this products right off the release... I'm looking forward to the app and wifi streaming but I'm not upset to not have it yet.... But i'm happy to be gone with the days when I had to pull over in my car to change settings on my camera!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I understand, I really am

I understand, I really am looking forward to when the update is released for tablets and phones. Any idea what the Bluetooth can be used for when it comes out? File transfer maybe? Later and thanks for the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I understand, I really am

I understand, I really am looking forward to when the update is released for tablets and phones. Any idea what the Bluetooth can be used for when it comes out? File transfer maybe? Later and thanks for the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the wifi backpack and

I have the wifi backpack and for me it is pretty useless since it did not come out with the app availability yet. I would rather have spent my money on the viewer backpack instead. I hate to have something with the "promise" of updates or whatever because who knows if it will ever come out. I am returning mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where'd you get the firmware update? for the Wifi bacpac?

Did you install through cineform or get a file that you downloaded somehwhere? I'm trying to update the bacpac and have been unable to.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
WiFI BacPac update for Win7

mmmooretx said:
Hi Guys,

Here's what worked for me. I found it on another forum. I rebooted my win7 x64 machine and then followed these steps...

1. Started Cineform Studio
2. Plugged inn the BacPac without having it attached to the camera
3. Turned on the remote
4. Waited a few minutes (exactly the time it takes to get a fresh cup of coffee)
5. With the BacPac and the remote turned on i attached the BacPac to the Hero2

Cineform then recognized my device. I was able to run update and it downloaded and installed in stead of hanging ( like it did when following GoPro's instructions listed in the quote)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.