GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have added 3 items to my Cart in the GoPro Australia website, but the Cart will not proceed to the Checkout phase when i click on the green Checkout button, i then saw the message at the top saying that due to so stupid IATA Shipping Regulation we can't buy Batteries unless we buy a Camera as well.

What is the issue here, i can buy batteries and chargers elsewhere, but i want the genuine GoPro items, not generic aftermarket ones.

Can anyone explain this rule, and where else can i buy genuine GoPro batteries and charger.

Cheers

·
Registered
396 Posts
if you insist on genuine stuff just find a physical store nearby and go buy there.

Reactions: Fish

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have no physical store in the state we live in here in Australia.

I am now buying an aftermarket ULANZI 5200mAh hand held selfie stick power bank with a cage from Amazon Australia, cheaper than buying physical batteries and charger, and i can film for at least 6 to 8 hours with the one device rather than swap batteries every 75 minutes or so.

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that store is in Western Australia, i am in Tasmania, and it is a shame we can't buy the stuff from GoPro store because that item is only $53, and another battery is reduced from $35 to $21, but i am now going to buy several ULANZI accessories from Amazon Australia (Ulanzi are currently not shipping overseas from their website)

They have a lot of really great stuff, and i much prefer the power bank grip (selfie) as i am going to be adding a small Mic and LED light to the rig as well.

·
Administrator
9,737 Posts
I can only say for me. I can walk into a camera and or electronic store, You are going to have to Rely on the Internet, a local camera store etc for that battery. Unless Boznoz wants to be so Kind to ship one to you? You can call up GoPro, if purchased the camera and they may do a one Time Curtisy for you on a battery. You may never know, give that a shot if like.

Online orders, will be hte best option and keep to the GoPro official battery, you can use a Powerbank for extended times and you will not need to remove the bat unless you like to. simply order a Ulanzi G8-10, or G8-7 battery door.

hope that helped some
FISH

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, i am going to buy the ULANZI 5200mAh hand held selfie stick power bank with a cage from Amazon Australia, as i need some other stuff to make up a rig with Mic and Light.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts