GoPro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked up and worked on a few of the DIY stablizers but I am not just wanting a factory built stablizer/glidecam for my GoPro. Does anyone have any recommendations on which stablizers you've used and would recommend? I'm not diss'ing the DIY'er at all, perhaps I'm just not handy enough and should stick with the prebuilt ones.

Thanks,

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can pay out for their

You can pay out for their stabilizer unit or simply construct one for yourself by using their DIY gimbal kit. I can't say anything about which stabilizer is cheapest and best, as I have not tried out any. I did order the DIY gimbal here, but I have not finished it out. It works very well as far as I can tell. I found the correct skateboard wheels to make up a few for myself at a later time, but the DIY kit is pretty cheap and easy to construct. I was thinking of ordering their stabilizer, but it may be a Father's Day or Christmas wish list item for me. These folk answer quesitons rapidly and their product is really good and as described.

http://balvanzenterprises.com/DIY2-AxisGimbalKit.html

·
Registered
110 Posts
I forgot to mention that you

I forgot to mention that you may want to go to YouTube and simply plug in "camera stabilizer and stedicam." That word string will provide you with a lot of DIY and pro choices as to the variations available. The flycam is often used by GoPro folk. I have a CamCaddie, but I seldom use it. I keep it because it is always nice to have if necessary, but I really have not used it much at all. I don't believe it works as great as the flycam and others. It has just not impressed me all that much when I do use it.

Good luck on what you pick. Check out YouTube or even Vimeo for some good footage that may help you decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts