GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New on here and sorry if this question has been exhausted.

I want to get a GoPro shortly but have become very confused by the options out there and have no clue which would be right for me!

I would mainly be using it for diving (so need to be compatible with a supersuit) as well as skiing and the odd additional activity e.g. bungee jumping, skydiving, etc. and would want both photos and good quality videos.

I don't know anything about the specs and frame rates etc. so don't need that to be too sophisticated.

As I'm sure most people aim for I just want the cheapest option that will allow be to do the basics as outlined above.

I'd be super grateful to anyone that can help me figure out which would be the best option!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The 7 Black is nice. I would not even touch the 7 white or silver since you can not swap out the batteries. If you don’t need the hypersmooth, which is the built in software stabilization then either the 5 or 6 black are good options.

If buying new, I’d just buy the 7 Black.

Rodney
Instagram @X5rdman
Youtube x5rdman d https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMZvPRVbVXm8NTJEeCSQHg

·
Registered
36 Posts
The 7 Black is nice. I would not even touch the 7 white or silver since you can not swap out the batteries. If you don’t need the hypersmooth, which is the built in software stabilization then either the 5 or 6 black are good options.

If buying new, I’d just buy the 7 Black.

Rodney
Instagram @X5rdman
Youtube x5rdman d https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMZvPRVbVXm8NTJEeCSQHg

Just to be complete, the 5 and 6 both have image stabilization. Of course, it gets better with each version. I've found the stabilization is of limited value underwater, not worthless but the movements are not the type that it was designed for. I have the 6 and have decided the new features in the 7 are not worth upgrading to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.