GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

have a surf rescue board. Want to get a GoPro tovideo wave rides and dolphins turtles etc

I was hoping the white/silver @299$. Was going to be good enough? You’d think version 7 could video a wave ride?

but salesman insistedonly the black at 599$could do waves without being jerky????

I don’t mind sealedbattery.
I just want voice activated. On my wrist and good enough of catching waves and filming dolphins underwater

is the black really the only one for waves ????

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Hi

have a surf rescue board. Want to get a GoPro tovideo wave rides and dolphins turtles etc

I was hoping the white/silver @299$. Was going to be good enough? You’d think version 7 could video a wave ride?

but salesman insistedonly the black at 599$could do waves without being jerky????

I don’t mind sealedbattery.
I just want voice activated. On my wrist and good enough of catching waves and filming dolphins underwater

is the black really the only one for waves ????
Regional pricing: hero 8 black $350.00-$400 usc., Hero 7 $279.00 all others are different prices, and that you, the Consumer should find a low price. The hero 8 Black is the latest camera, the hero 7 is identical im many ways for less, just one or two features less . they offer the best stabilization, out there. Lets not forget the DJI Osmo Action, for $272.00. I thought I mention that as well. so you have a choice of Options.

the hero 8 has a low bitrate of 70mbits (about) and a high bitrate of 100mbits, the DJI OA 100 mbits no other option to lower,

the other hero camera have around 60-70mbits. hero 7 Siver will have less features and functions and the white even less, even the rsolution will be less. I believe its a HD1080P at its highest the white.

The importance is your FPS the higher the fps for slow mo, 60fps will get you some slo mo. all this can be reviewed at blogs and other sites that offer specs and can compare.

If you have a video of 4K60 of the camera say the hero 8, play that on your computer, edit t hat on your computer, and you have the answer if it will be choppy, stutter etc.... so my suggestion is to get a file, from one of the camera you want, and test it out.

Your computer must be with the minimum requirements, and you be good to go. I use a ACER aspire R15 series, I7 Nvidea 840GX (hd1080P and can edit 4k, I have excellent days and bad days of 3 minute to 30 minute clips. the editors I use also play a toll. even with a low res I can struggle. Hope some of this info made sense

Film waves and dolphans I look at the A hero 7 and DJI Osmo Action I lean to the DJI for other reasons but the GoPro has that trade mark lens we all want. Head on to Youtube check out a member I follow if you like his name PM and I will mention.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts