GoPro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am wondering what editing software you all use - used the search button but did not really come up with answers hence the question.. I tried Movavi but found out it does not work with H265 and do not want to convert to h264 (especially when on the road). Also tried Adobe Premiere Elements but do not really like it. At the moment am thinking of trying out Magix videodelux.

Am looking for something fairly simply to work with since I am still a complete noob when it comes to video-editing. Do not like to do editing on my phone - wish that GP would update their GoPro Quick app for pc

Am looking for suggestions that work on a windows11 PC/ laptop and preferably are quite intuitive.

Thanks for those pointing me in the right direction :).

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
I suggest trying the easy one called Videoproc blogger, or the complicated one Calle resolve by devinchi. Both FREE

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fish - played around a bit yesterday with Videoproc.Slowly am getting the hang of it but will take a long while before I will fully understand the options. But so far so good.

Wondering though where you get your music/ tunes from - would love something that is for free since I most likely will only edit when on holiday.

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
I do youtube, the audio to keep compliance with not getting copyrighted, used to do SoundCloud and credit the author with the. Written contents offered, when i load youtube, I like free not paid stuff can not afford to pay for everything in this world. Anymore hope that helps.

Every program will take time to Learn They have manuals, the F-1 key,, I use more or less. magix 2021 for my work, but I like to use Videoproc once a while

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Will dive into youtube audio - agree cannot afford to pay for everything. First needing to get to know videoproc a bit better. have been using their vids though hate the woman's voice. Guess can't have it all.

Been thinking of trying Magix videodelux 2023 out over Christmas - used their product for photo-editing in the past and liked it. According to you which one do you like best of these 2 and why? If getting Magix do not know whether to get the stand alone product or the subscribtion one. Any advice?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update:

Even though i like videoproc I have still decided to go and explore magix videodelux since they had a very good offer. Now time to start learning the ins and outs ;):)

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
I use the latter MEP 2021, has about everything MEP 2023 has, I do get an Crash , and do get a destroyed vid now and then, is it the program, as well win 11 not sure.

I do the full not subscription. it is a $10.00 difference. you get more stuff with the sub I do not use it all why I keep the full hope that helps. Each editor may do something the other does not and that is what I like. I been with Magix since day one about and a lot has changed and a new learning curve again lol I can not in life figure out motion tracking on this Lol or blurring a licence plate till I do one 100 times

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also have the full not subscription - but saved all the extra downloads seperately so that in case I somehow need to reinstall I can still get the extras that come with the first download.

Hope to not get crashes - will be using it with win 10 professional and win 11 home edition.

·
Registered
KTM 300 XCW (2021)
21 Posts
I really like Davinci Resolve. The free version has 99% of the capabilities of the paid version, and the paid version is only $300 one time.

It has a fairly steep learning curve like all professional-level non-linear editing systems, but there are tons of tutorials.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts