Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you like to see for the Hero 8 Black

Well GoPro can top the hero 7 Bklack by a new Sensor size and bring th is to the next level . so what would you like to see:

Profiles added, hot keys or short cuts, Post below your thoughts.

FISH

·
Registered
395 Posts
we have already talked about this in another thread when 7 was released :D

But sensor size / 1000fps mode and longer battery life would be nice for sure.

Reactions: Fish

·
Registered
395 Posts
and dont forget one thing that would definitely improve the vlogging aspect - the ability to connect external mics over bluetooth . it wouldnt cost them a single penny , hw is already there just not utilized correctly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys

I skipped buying GoPro7 on this release, the apparent reason there is not much difference b/w GP6 and 7.

The main feature i was looking for was wireless charging or magnetic charging similar to Apple watch. One of my mate's GP6 got damaged while charging, the charging input is soldered to motherboard and it is difficult to get it repaired.

I would like to ask you guys what feature are you looking in the coming up release of GoPro 8 ?

Thanks
Regards

·
Registered
395 Posts
there was no major upgrade from 5 to 6 , but you would certainly see a ton of improvements in Hero 7 . Stabilization on those before is terrible in comparison. its even better then gimbal i had. sound quality improved as well.

Also, there is another thread just a few posts bellow yours on this topic

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm an underwater videographer - a relatively tiny segment of the user base - so I doubt I'll get many of my wishlist items but here are a few of mine:

1) Better UI, ability to navigate all settings with buttons (through UW housing) on the color back screen, not the tiny monochrome front screen. We could do this on the Hero4.

2) 1" sensor, probably not gonna happen in an action cam though.

3) Custom white balance.

4) Lockable if not manual focus.

5) Linear mode available in all resolutions and frame rates.

6) Wireless charging to reduce need to open the UW housing as often. This is important for several reasons. One, every time you open the housing is a risk of making a mistake (hair on o-ring) to cause a catastrophic flood. Two, open housing in hot humid tropics then dropping into cool water causes condensation and fogging, beyond the ability of anti-fog inserts.

7) Include metadata in the video file to store camera settings used. Frame rate and resolution is easy to determine but what about Filed Of View, ProTune, White Balance, iSO, Shutter, etc.

8) Depth information, like Paralenz camera. Now I'm really dreaming so maybe this could be an add-on for the housing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
True optical zoom

OPPO has it and no reason that Gopro couldn't have it. They just might not want to deal with it nor lose any potential profit margins.

If they had a true optical zoom that went from "normal" (35mm terminology) to the very wide angle they have, they would break into the general video/photo market, and that is not the same smaller niche that sports action cams inhabit.

And they should stop playing with the form factor. The ability to use all the accessories you already have is a plus.

·
Registered
395 Posts
GoPro have used the same shape for the last 4 evolution's (Hero 5, 6, Hero 2018 & the 7)

Hero 2018 wasnt an evolution, just a way to get rid of unsold hero5 stock.
And as far as i know , 7 white and silver have different size , so they already broke that

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm an underwater videographer - a relatively tiny segment of the user base - so I doubt I'll get many of my wishlist items but here are a few of mine:

1) Better UI, ability to navigate all settings with buttons (through UW housing) on the color back screen, not the tiny monochrome front screen. We could do this on the Hero4.

2) 1" sensor, probably not gonna happen in an action cam though.

3) Custom white balance.

4) Lockable if not manual focus.

5) Linear mode available in all resolutions and frame rates.

6) Wireless charging to reduce need to open the UW housing as often. This is important for several reasons. One, every time you open the housing is a risk of making a mistake (hair on o-ring) to cause a catastrophic flood. Two, open housing in hot humid tropics then dropping into cool water causes condensation and fogging, beyond the ability of anti-fog inserts.

7) Include metadata in the video file to store camera settings used. Frame rate and resolution is easy to determine but what about Filed Of View, ProTune, White Balance, iSO, Shutter, etc.

8) Depth information, like Paralenz camera. Now I'm really dreaming so maybe this could be an add-on for the housing.

You should consider switching to new Sony RX0 mark II . it has almost everything you just described. ;)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hero 2018 wasnt an evolution, just a way to get rid of unsold hero5 stock.
And as far as i know , 7 white and silver have different size , so they already broke that
I know the lens doesn't come out as far on the white or silver as it isn't removable, but think the main body is the same

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
i remember reading somewhere that size was more noticably different, after checking gopro site i still remain correct. its just the depth that is smaller tho :D. still probably cant use diving case or frame mounts, can you test that?

white / silver / black dimensions from website

Dimensions62.3 W x 44.9 H x 28.3 D (mm)62.3 W x 44.9 H x 28.3 D (mm)62.3 W x 44.9 H x 33 D (mm)

·
Administrator
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
@shaaki

From Post 7 on, enjoy the site this was asked before and you can research some of the questions above the posts

FISH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.