GoPro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Hero 8 Black to replace my old Hero 4 Session. I'm recording at 2.7k/60 with Linear. What resolution and aspect ratio is that? I assumed it was 16:9 but I can't select 16:9 in Davinci Resolve. I see things saying it's 3200x1800 and other thing saying it's 2704x1520. Both of those equal out to 16:9 but Resolve thinks otherwise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Windows, right click on the MP4 file -> Properties -> Details and you will see the resolution under image height and image width. Should be 2560x1440.
DaVinci does not know this format - you have to enter it manually!
Both in the timeline and under Deliver for export.

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts
In devenchi you can check the propery of the video like I do in my other editors I personally use

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Windows, right click on the MP4 file -> Properties -> Details and you will see the resolution under image height and image width. Should be 2560x1440.
DaVinci does not know this format - you have to enter it manually!
Both in the timeline and under Deliver for export.
Alright so it does say 2704x1520. Resolve doesn't see that as 16:9 unfortunately.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can set the format manually to 2560 x 1440 or have it rendered up to 4k. The only important thing is that both the timeline and the format to be exported have the same resolution when "deliver".

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts
Youtube has changed quality settings on their Server. 2.7K is no longer so they drop the quality down. I start lowering down to their standards, or increase

Reactions: ozoffi

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also noticed that the same video was encoded once as MP4 and once as MOV (both with HEVC H.265) when MP4 is of poorer quality (more artifacts) than MOV after uploading to YT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts