GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am fairly new to using my GoPro HERO 3+ and am just now getting the hang of certain features. I have one problem and one problem only: Video Playback. I have a mid 2011 MacBook AiR (A1370) and am experiencing playback issues with most anything that surpasses 720p (and sometimes even that). I was wondering if I can do something as simple as upgrade my SSD to allow my computer to handle the video editing programs (GoPro Studio, iMovie, Final Cut, etc.) or if I need to get a new computer entirely?

Here is a link to the specs of my computer:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook-air/specs/macbook-air-core-i5-1.6-11-mid-2011-specs.html

I have been looking at upgrading to the "OWC 480GB AURA 6G SSD"

I'm sure there is an answer out there that I may not have understood and I apologize as I am trying to learn these things as I go through more technologically individuals such as your selves.

THANK YOU!

·
Administrator
2,936 Posts
An i5 CPU should be OK.
How much RAM do you have?

The problem with the MB Air is that most components are soldered onto the main board in order to make it so thin. So there's only so much you can upgrade. In fact the Blade SSD is probably the only upgradeable part!

How big is the SSD you currently have? Upgrading the SSD is NOT going to suddenly make your computer edit faster. It will only allow you to store more on the computer. The best way to generally edit is to keep all video and render files on an external drive using the fastest interface you have available.

Imovie should run on your system fine. Use that alongside an external scratch/render disk and you should be fine ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts