GoPro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm hardly worth the swap.

I find with wifi on I am lucky to get 30 mins on my OEM battery
That's the fatal flaw of the Black Edition. Do you absolutely need to use Wi-Fi? I hardly ever use it, and use Wasabi Batteries + Battery Bacpac

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i've seen some very cheap unbranded batteries on ebay (decoded whatever that means). Has anyone tried any of those, i've even seen upto 1600mah

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picking up my wasabi kit next week! I've read more good reviews than bad. Guess we'll see!
Good luck!

wouldn't be a bad spare. I'm assuming its cheaper?
Single GoPro OEM Battery: $19.99
Single Wasabi Power Battery: $9.99
2x Wasabi Power Batteries + Charger: $23.99

i've seen some very cheap unbranded batteries on ebay (decoded whatever that means). Has anyone tried any of those, i've even seen upto 1600mah
I've seen these recently. I'll have to order some and test them out eventually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's the fatal flaw of the Black Edition. Do you absolutely need to use Wi-Fi? I hardly ever use it, and use Wasabi Batteries + Battery Bacpac
I chose the black edition for the improved camera. I rarely use the Wi-Fi. When I do it's primarily for camera alignment via my smart phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious about this as well. If the 1200 got 5 mins longer, I would hope a 1600 would get 20 or 30 mins. I wonder why GoPro went with a 1050 in the first place. Why didn't they go with a higher mAh battery to start with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my wasabi batteries and chargers, I have to set up my cameras before racing starts and only have short times to change out batteries.. So I am using my wifi to turn the camera on and record. so I burn through batteries quickly

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Purchase domestic steroids The best prices on our special web site OscaroService.com Athletes and Bodybuilders - buying Steroids Online is made easy at OscaroService – your No Prescription Drugstore

·
Registered
7 Posts
The claimed mAh of the Wasabi is @ 14.3% higher than the OEM and since mAh duration is a function of draw, one would expect 14.3% more run time, which wasn't achieved by the Wasabi. So I would expect the numbers are just not accurate for run time as reported by Wasabi. Be aware that mAhr ratings are not always accurate, especially from unmarked generic makers. Substandard cells are common on *bay.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The claimed mAh of the Wasabi is @ 14.3% higher than the OEM and since mAh duration is a function of draw, one would expect 14.3% more run time, which wasn't achieved by the Wasabi. So I would expect the numbers are just not accurate for run time as reported by Wasabi. Be aware that mAhr ratings are not always accurate, especially from unmarked generic makers. Substandard cells are common on *bay.
i've got 6 x 1599mah batteries coming, 3 off ebay for £12 & 3 with charger from Amazon for £16 (all 6 are unbranded). As said i'm not expecting miracles for that sort of price but it'll be interesting to see how they compare with the original GoPro batteries, if they match them i'll be happy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your point is valid, though if you look at cost per minute record time, the wasabi smashes the OEM. Not that I have a need for additional batteries, the equation is pretty simple, these are as good or better for a lower price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts