GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I record anything above 30 frames I cant play the video back on computer, 4k or 1080.
Tried converting to H.264 to mp4 and increasing and lowering frame rate on graphics card (which is a gaming 4G), I tried rendering in sony vegas.
I dont need to play back any faster the 60 p/s but it wont do it. 60 frame rate is standard on all low end monitors so I dont see what the problem is. My monitor has no issues playing back youtube videos at that rate.
Does someone know what's causing this? The videos recorded in 1080 come out choppy and the 4k ones, fragmented.
Thanks
My specs are:
Win 7 64
i7 6 core
32 G ram
Graphics card: Radeon rx 570

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i pretty sure it's codec related. Im operating on win7. Do u know what converter i need to install?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Try to record in 264, this should be running on computer- the 265 codec is for some computer/editor a problem that can be solved with a download but the 264 codec should work with most player/editor.
I am on Magix, also Win7, no problems with both formats but the 265 doesn't work with DaVinci, the 264 works.

Ciao Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are playing video back straight out of camera before any editing then I can't really help. My computer cant handle anything over 60fps straight out of camera either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts