GoPro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Inkee Marketing for not Replying back after their first response

The Inkee I purchased at the Lowest Market price $71.00 No tax and Free shipping From Inkee themselves in China, What many influencers will not show, I will and sit back and enjoy the real product reviews here. y

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a good stabiliser - take care to set it up properly beforehand by balancing the camera as much as possible! It will reduce stress on the motors. I show the balancing process here...

you do not need to balance out of the box, its defaulted to the camera, but its best to tweak to the hero 10 and the hero 9 and hero 8 will be correctly balanced, and it will not work with the latter or Osmo it will work with the hero 10, but default to a photo mode,

a lot is not said by all. any side button will stop video. its a nice camera gimbal

·
Administrator
2,730 Posts
Its not defaulted to any camera out of the box - they do not know which camera you will be using. It's even mentioned in the user manual to ensure you balance your camera before use.....

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The user manual is not written well,

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as this is not made for the action but wil fit the action. The gimbal motors are waterproof but not the gimbal electronics. so yes we do need to tweak but it’s not going to destroy it if it’s off, just going to cause a small struggle, to make the motor work harder. I have to read the instruction like a few times, but No one really reads instructions it is a internet joke for ages of that

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CHarge & set

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gopro hero 10 wifi set up

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gopro older models, different set up ways

·
Administrator
2,730 Posts
CHarge & set
A properly balanced gimbal does not re-center itself. When you move the GoPro it shouldn't fall back and re-center itself - it should stay exactly where you place it.
If it falls back down and doesnt stay, the the motors are going to be fighting against that weight all the time. By balancing you want the camera to be almost 'weightless' on each axis so the motors have no extra weight counteracting their movements.

Watch my video (link in post 2) from point 3:00 to 3:30 ;)

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A properly balanced gimbal does not re-center itself. When you move the GoPro it shouldn't fall back and re-center itself - it should stay exactly where you place it.
If it falls back down and doesnt stay, the the motors are going to be fighting against that weight all the time. By balancing you want the camera to be almost 'weightless' on each axis so the motors have no extra weight counteracting their movements.

Watch my video (link in post 2) from point 3:00 to 3:30 ;)
Thank you I owned gimbals before, and this gimbal does not need to be perfectly centered, what we do not get.

·
Administrator
2,730 Posts
Thank you I owned gimbals before, and this gimbal does not need to be perfectly centered, what we do not get.
No probs - it will still work fine, as you have demonstrated - although on larger, more professional gimbals it will affect the lifespan and performance of the motors. On a small unit like this you may not notice much difference I guess but I did it regardless (y)

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Ifti you are 1 million % correct, the brushless drone motors are greatly improved today on these gimbals. Basecamp came a long way

Reactions: Ifti

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

this is the Media module Does it work on the Inkee falcon gimbal. how easy is itto rebalance the camera when changing out

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the next video to come, we'll show how to connect to the App, and update from fw 97 to fw 100 and a few extras in the app.

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In this video this is the actual app walking you through the hard part for me is, how to reset things back when you make a incroiment of .5. it does not go .5 so something Inkee needs to work on

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is how to upgrade and the next I will show how to factory get fw64 back on and reload firmware

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
factory restore to fw 64 or 8 and update back to 100 here's how

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I continue on with the testing I am leaning to one side my thoughts so what people are not telling others out there its going to be fun to hear my full review

1 - 20 of 22 Posts