GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
(guess my password)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to video editing. I went on a snorkeling tour and have almost 1 hour video material, most in 1080p60 and some in 4K60.

How can I find the interesting parts for cutting? Any tips for workflow and organization on post-processing? For software I am using Shotcut.

Thank you.

·
Registered
345 Posts
as you are the recorder, you should probably know what were the interesting parts :)

I usually sit down and go thru all my footage one by one in premiere pro preview window and cut out important parts into main timeline. I dont know if you have the same option in your program.

If you are aiming at achieving those quicker paced gopro videos then as a rule of thumb you should cut scenes no longer than what it would take you to describe the scene in spoken words.

Otherwise just do what you please, its your video after all.

I hope you did get some before and after shots as well, not just the snorkeling, as it wont be as interesting by itself

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
you know about the highlight feature?

All day I shoot. I sit down and chose what I want and go from there, to pick it all you will be with a longer video and most people have a tension of 30 seconds. Watch a Tv Commercial tell me you are 100% watching it. If you are then you will get the idea how to edit.

·
(guess my password)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already started a little yesterday and I can say it's far less boring than I thought. It is really fun and I got some amazing shots, at least for my standards.

you know about the highlight feature?
No, I did not but this is very neat! Is it only supported by Quick Desktop? Unfortunately the software does not support Linux OS. Can the metadata be exported? It says it can't be exported to GoPro Studio Pro.

I hope you did get some before and after shots as well, not just the snorkeling, as it wont be as interesting by itself
Now I am extra glad I did that, it's not that I gave it any thoughts :grin:

most people have a tension of 30 seconds.
This is good to have in mind. I feel sorry cutting out scenes, though some motives are the same, then which to take... I could do this all day :rolleyes:

I find this a good article for beginners: https://www.videomaker.com/how-to/editing/video-editing-workflow-how-to-do-it-properly/

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
The highlight will show just have to know how to read it in the editor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just started trying to edit this week. Put the card in my tablet. What to edit with? How do I trim out from the middle?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
QUick there is a scisoors that creats a clip will not do what you want. it will delete before and after not the middle. So you it's best to learn on a true Editor like Premier or PowerDirector or Magix 2020. or better yet Filmora 9 or devinchi resolve or.... th list goes on Pick a real editor within a minute you got the file edited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts