GoPro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Everyone starts as a Noob
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm new to owning a GoPro, shooting videos, and editing, but it's been fun. My wife and I recently visited Hawaii with my side of the family and I'm working on making 5 short videos (1 for each day). Here is day 1! Let me know what you think! (good and bad feedback accepted, but be nice!) Thanks!

Camera: Hero Session
Editing: GoPro Studio

·
Administrator
9,271 Posts
@ZubaZ
Enjoyed the shot. some of hte colors were very powerful if asked, Did you do any type of color correct, for like the pier and water shot with the sand, and where the ladies were on the beach with the resorts in back. they were to powerful if asked

all good if asked again enjoyed the shots.

FISH

Send some warm weather over please

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ZubaZ
Enjoyed the shot. some of hte colors were very powerful if asked, Did you do any type of color correct, for like the pier and water shot with the sand, and where the ladies were on the beach with the resorts in back. they were to powerful if asked

all good if asked again enjoyed the shots.

FISH

Send some warm weather over please
Yes I tried all sorts of color correction, saturation, and temp changing. This was my first real video with water and sun gopro footage so I think I tried at least 6 different color/video preset corrections. I agree some of the color corrections might have been overkill. It was kind of hard to find a medium balance (nice sharp colors, but not too much). I'll try and make them mesh a little better next time around! Thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah nice concept to do 5 short vids instead of one that is evtl. too long.
Nice pics never been there, very far from Germany so I making a journey with you now :smile:
For the future try to hold the cam more stabil, many shoots are shaky- maybe you invest in a gimbal.
Waiting for next part.

Ciao Rob

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah nice concept to do 5 short vids instead of one that is evtl. too long.
Nice pics never been there, very far from Germany so I making a journey with you now :smile:
For the future try to hold the cam more stabil, many shoots are shaky- maybe you invest in a gimbal.
Waiting for next part.

Ciao Rob

I noticed it was too shaky too. I didn't realize I was shaking that much while recording. What's a gimbal? (ok, nevermind, did a quick google search.) I'm a little disappointed it's not smoother, but now I know for next time.

So if I get a gimbal, any suggestions on what to get or what to look for? I browsed this list: http://www.toptenthebest.com/camera-photo/top-10-best-gimbal-stabilizers-for-gopro/

·
Administrator
9,271 Posts
Being hand held to me that was JUST fine enjoyed the clips

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day 4! It's hard to follow up the big event that was day 3. The video isn't sharp for some reason and we didn't film much so it's less than 1 minute.

·
Administrator
9,271 Posts
Have you thought of slowing down the footage so you can control your shakiness?

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you thought of slowing down the footage so you can control your shakiness?
I tried it a few times. The problem is I didn't shoot much of this at 60 fps due to a small sd card. So in slow motion it looks a little off. I just need to get a gimbal for next time. :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts