GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys and guyettes,
This is my first post here (technically) so please be gentle.
I have a Hero 5 Black, which I got for my 50th birthday back in April.
I soon discovered that my computers (which are more ancient than I am) weren't up to the job and I had to wait until I saved up enough bottle caps to buy a decent laptop.
I then discovered that Studio is no longer supported by GoPro, but looking around here, I found a copy which seems to sorta work (Not sure, I have to play a bit more.)
Since yesterday morning, I have been trying to upload (?) some footage of my son out skating and both of us bouldering but I can't seem to do so.
I have downloaded the Quik Desktop but, being such a techno dweeb, I don't seem to be able to do so.
I have tried to use the USB cable and also to set up my bluetooth as well.
Please help. I actually have videos back to April that I want to check out, edit and maybe post (that will probably be another post query.)
Please keep your responses to one syllable or less because when it comes to technology, I paddle a mean canoe.....
Cheers
Bloffy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, by the way, when I connect the USB cable, it beeps and an MTP USB Device shows up in folders but when I click it I get a blue circle of death that seems to take forever and seems to go nowhere.
Cheers
Bloffy

·
Registered
374 Posts
seems more like driver problem. have the drivers finished installing successfuly when you connected your camera for the first time? , have you tried another USB port?
My Gopro 5 had similar problem on one USB port, tried another and it worked.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh, by the way, when I connect the USB cable, it beeps and an MTP USB Device shows up in folders but when I click it I get a blue circle of death that seems to take forever and seems to go nowhere.
Cheers
Bloffy
How long are you waiting before giving up? It may be trying to import from your camera. Video files can be huge and it can take a long time to copy all the videos, especially on USB 2.0. If you have a USB 3.0 port that will be much faster, but it still takes considerable time to copy a full card, say 64Gb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts