GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to use the Hero 3 / 4 remote controller successfully on Hero 7? Any feedback please.

cheers

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have one at home but i havent really gotten to trying it, but im 90% sure it works. i will check when i get back from work.

u still have voice control if needed

·
Administrator
9,580 Posts
My Hero 2 will work and you actually needed gopro studio to update it the last time I used it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Hero 2 will work and you actually needed gopro studio to update it the last time I used it.
Thanks, you mean updating the firm ware of the remote controller? Never done it before, any tips?

Unfortunately, I am traveling, and my controller is at home. But I'll try once home.

cheers

·
Administrator
9,580 Posts
Thanks, you mean updating the firm ware of the remote controller? Never done it before, any tips?

Unfortunately, I am traveling, and my controller is at home. But I'll try once home.

cheers
if you find the firme ware and gopro studio yes the remote had fw to load.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fish, you mean you connect the remote via USB and fire up GoPro Studio and it will check firmware? Or I have to have that firmware file and use studio to push it to the remote?

I have the older GoPro remote as well, and have had no luck pairing it with my 7 Black. I would love to have it, as voice or phone are not always an option while using these cams with motorsports. It's just too loud.

Thanks for the info!

·
Administrator
9,580 Posts
I am sure gopro studio brings up a software update. and simply follow the steps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts