GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit guys, new here, hoping for some help.

I have a gopro Hero 6+ Black.

I bought a samson USB studio mic that I use for vlogging with my Samsung galaxy s7.

I want to know if it's possible to use a USB mic on my gopro. I can get a USB C OTG connector.

I dont want to spend money on that gopro mic adaptor, only to find out that it can. Only take a 3.5mm microphone connector.

Any ideas?

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Philip Dean Parkes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi Philip, welcome to the forum.
If it could work on simple OTG adapter they wouldnt make people use their overpriced one. They claim there is a technical reason behind it.
Sorry but you have only two options here, use their adapter or plug that mic into your phone and then sync the audio in postproduction (which is very easy)

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
@Philip Dean Parkes

You have a Hero 6+ and usb mic, The gopro has two poerts Usb type C and Micro HDMI? which port do you mean?

1 the adapter has a password coded in, if you want to save Money buy the Promic 3.5mm adapter and a Saramonic SR-XM1 Mic. or a sonly Clone ECM-DP720 ( I forget the actuall number)

There is a video of a person over seas in a country when asked and questioned of a Url link he hesitated to give. called that bluff save your money and get the adapter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts