GoPro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I really need your help on this one!

So after finishing editing one clip from several small videos in GoPro Studio from trip in Japan. The software has suddenly decided to crash at all the time I've tried to convert the rest of the videos for part 2 par3 for my video diary. I've been converting my go pro vids into a brand new MAC format external hard drive so I don't understand why it has completely stopped working couple months later! I am super stressed right now as all the videos are stuck on Gopro projects and i can only see it by opening it through GoPro Studio :(

I've tried to update my Mac. As well as uninstall and reinstall the Gopro Studio and still no luck.
It is driving me insane cuz I pretty much lost all my videos since I cannot edit it and show my family. It can only be viewed in gps and it's really frustrating.

Please help me :frown:
Thank you from AUS
Malisa

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Malisa,

Welcome to the forum.

1. Which software failed? Gopro Studios, the hard drive, or the Mac?

2. Did this happen prior to producing/rendering the footage, or during producing/rendering?

3. Can you export the video from Gopro Studios? If it has already been edited and produced. Can you open it within GPS/re-produce the video and export it?

4. Does your computer meet the minimum requirements for processing videos?

5. Do you still have the original video on the sd card.

6. Do you get error messages of any sort?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Charlie

The GoPro Studio crashes every time I try to convert the videos and save them in my external hard-drive for editing but it will work fine if I convert and save the files within the Mac but I do not have enough internal space to convert and save all files to edit. Is it my hard drive that's failing? I don't understand because it is a brand new Seagate hard drive that's been reformat and compatible to be used for Macbook.

I wouldn't have been this upset if I still have all the videos in the SD card :(

The error message was 'GoPro Studio quit unexpectedly' and I get this bit of summary
Process: GoPro Studio [855]
Path: /Applications/GoPro Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoPro Studio
Identifier: com.gopro.GoPro-Studio
Version: 2.5.7 (2.5.7.321)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: GoPro Studio [855]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2016-01-03 10:57:02.148 +1100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F1509)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 180424C5-C1B8-73F1-5ECB-E9A941327CC0

Sleep/Wake UUID: 45CB1E17-EB55-49C2-AC8C-C264689EABC0

Time Awake Since Boot: 44000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 1900 seconds

Crashed Thread: 26

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000004

·
Registered
784 Posts
Based on this bit of code

I think the issue is with the Seagate Drive access.
Can you do the following: With the Seagate drive connected to you computer, Start Disk Utility (Just type Disk Utility in the Spotlight Search)
Select your Seagate drive and run both "Verify Disk Permissions and Verify Disk" if either shows any errors or issues, then run "Repair Permissions and/or Repair Disk"
Try this and see if it resolves the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hi Charlie

The GoPro Studio crashes every time I try to convert the videos and save them in my external hard-drive for editing but it will work fine if I convert and save the files within the Mac but I do not have enough internal space to convert and save all files to edit.
By convert do you mean produce/render? Have you tried saving the unprocessed video to a folder on the desktop, then importing the video from the folder into GPS? If so, what was the result?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on this bit of code

I think the issue is with the Seagate Drive access.
Can you do the following: With the Seagate drive connected to you computer, Start Disk Utility (Just type Disk Utility in the Spotlight Search)
Select your Seagate drive and run both "Verify Disk Permissions and Verify Disk" if either shows any errors or issues, then run "Repair Permissions and/or Repair Disk"
Try this and see if it resolves the issue.
Hi there.
Thanks for the help but it did not work and GoPro Studio still crashed when I tried to convert the videos to my hard drive before editing :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By convert do you mean produce/render? Have you tried saving the unprocessed video to a folder on the desktop, then importing the video from the folder into GPS? If so, what was the result?
Yes by converting I mean rendering the videos into a file folder to be ready for edit

I cannot import the unprocessed videos from desktop folder into GPS because all the original videos are in GoPro video format and it's stuck in GPS and can only be played and seen when I open GPS :( it was very silly for me to save and import all videos straight to GPS at the beginning and so now I've got no back up for it

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you download VLC, you should be able to pay all the GoPro files before they are converted. You can downloaded VLC here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
It is a FREE app.

Based on what you stated, I still believe that your issue is the external drive.

Do you have another external drive that you can use to convert files to? If yes, do you still encounter the crashes, when you use that drive?
If you remove the external drive and just use your MAC drive, do you still have GPS crash when you convert files?
Can you open other applications and try to save documents/files/etc from within them to your SEAGATE drive? Does that work?

If you can, you should reformat the SEAGATE Drive using disk utility and see if that fixes the issue. If you have important files on the SEAGATE drive, please back them up first before reformatting or else you will lose them.

·
Administrator
9,632 Posts
GPS a free Editor, other editors do not bother in converting they go right to the source, never corrupting the original I suggest use your splied software title

IMovie or Win live.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Based on what you stated, I still believe that your issue is the external drive.

Do you have another external drive that you can use to convert files to? If yes, do you still encounter the crashes, when you use that drive?
If you remove the external drive and just use your MAC drive, do you still have GPS crash when you convert files?
Can you open other applications and try to save documents/files/etc from within them to your SEAGATE drive? Does that work?

If you can, you should reformat the SEAGATE Drive using disk utility and see if that fixes the issue. If you have important files on the SEAGATE drive, please back them up first before reformatting or else you will lose them.
Thank you for your help. I've reformatted the external drive and installed FCPX trial to see if I could open GoPro files from there and voila! I found the videos and proceeded with the editing and everything went super smooth and saved all the files and final videos to my hard drive just fine so I reckon GPS was a massive pain in the ass!! haha

So long GPS you piece of junk! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts