GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Using my Hero 3 black edition with LCD backpack inside the car frequently, mounting the cam upside down on the windscreen. Cam is setup in upside down mode and this works fine. The LCD backpack is also rotating the picture upside down, which is unlogical. I cannot get this to work properly. Using the latet firmware.

Does anybody know a method to correct this? Thanks

Bardt

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Mine does exactly the same, I contacted gopro about it & they told me how to reset it. Turn the camera on then plug the screen in if I can remember right. That worked for me for a while but it's gone back to playing up again now

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,
Using my Hero 3 black edition with LCD backpack inside the car frequently, mounting the cam upside down on the windscreen. Cam is setup in upside down mode and this works fine. The LCD backpack is also rotating the picture upside down, which is unlogical. I cannot get this to work properly. Using the latet firmware.

Does anybody know a method to correct this? Thanks

Bardt
I'm quite happy with the GP3 black edition but this is one thing that irritates me. I just set it to upright mode although I have it physically mounted upside-down. I just rotate the movie via software.

I did try p_fandango's reset suggestion many times but it did not work for me.

I had a long discussion with GP tech support via email. I also mentioned p_fandango's reset suggestion. According to the tech support guy, there is no such thing.

To cut the long story short, I was simply told that that's the way the LCD backpack is designed to work and "hopefully" it would be fixed in the next firmware update. I find it to be TOTALLY AND UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE. I think they have bats as hardware/software engineers. :eek:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I had a long discussion with GP tech support via email. I also mentioned p_fandango's reset suggestion. According to the tech support guy, there is no such thing
interesting because it was GoPro customer support who told me, here's the full instructions i found from the original thread (as said it worked for a bit)

1) unplug the LCD BacPac from the camera
2) turn the GoPro on
3) plug in the screen while pressing the power/play button
4) go into the camera menu with the LCD screen & invert the image.

·
Registered
36 Posts
interesting because it was GoPro customer support who told me, here's the full instructions i found from the original thread (as said it worked for a bit)

2) turn the GoPro on
Thanks again p_fandango for reposting the instructions but it does not work for me. How long do you hold the LCDs power button after its plugged to the GP? I've tried all variation I could think of to no avail.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Thanks again p_fandango for reposting the instructions but it does not work for me. How long do you hold the LCDs power button after its plugged to the GP? I've tried all variation I could think of to no avail.
it only worked for me the first time, mine still playing up again now :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys...

I am also facing with the same problem.

Have contacted Gopro and their reply was that until they have enough feedback on this matter for them to start working on this problem, else the only solution is to flip it over using their software.

Was so shocked by this reply, coming from such an organization.

Other than this, it is an excellent camera.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem. GoPro are quite completely useless with their replies, but I agree it is a great camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts

2) turn the GoPro on
That little trick worked perfectly! (On my Hero 3 Black)

Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts