GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had gopro2 for several years, now, but I've never used the time-lapse function until a recent client request. I did a time-lapse test and it worked well except that the still images are 5 seconds long!

My interval setting was to shoot a pic every 30 seconds. I can see where to change the "interval" setting, but I can't find a way to change the length of each still image. Is there a way to do this? Or does gopro automatically create 5 sec images regardless of interval time?

The point is, I want my time-lapse sequence to look like fast motion, like typical time-lapse. Do I change image duration length by changing frame rate?

Or do I have to edit all my images in a program like Gimp to create the effect I'm after? Or is there something I'm missing all together?

Thanks so much for any help. Cheers

·
Administrator
9,453 Posts
gopro hero 2 is an outdated camera nothing wrong with that. You are taking a photo every 30 seconds but you're seeing a photo go for 5 seconds then the next 5 seconds etc. etc..

you will need to change your photo time from 5 to less.. I load all my photos up, render then reload the video and speed the clip to get your faster timelapse. or use a paid program to set your photo time.

If you are wit ha newer gopro the hero 4 and up you have the option to make photo videos done already for ya. hope that helps a lil.

·
Registered
377 Posts
GIMP is image editing tool, you are trying to make a timelapse video so you need video editor, like Gopro studio or Premiere pro.
Im just a bit confused because i owned a HERO 2 and it definitely does not have option to automaticaly create video from timelapse (i double checked on their website) so you missed a step there in explaining what you do with your timelapse exactly.

1. Set your timelapse settings (prefered "speed")
2. Start timelapse
3. End timelapse
4. Import all PHOTOS into computer
5. Start a video editing tool
6. Import folder with all photos from timelapse (make sure there are only timelapse photos inside, not the rest of videos and photos shot normaly)
7. Find a tutorial on youtube for prefered video editor (which you should have done in the first place instead of waiting for us to do your homework)
8. Follow the tutorial
9. Profit

·
Administrator
9,453 Posts
If using gimp you will beable to do thosecool layers but not like said video a 3rd party editor free or paid. In the editor you find Prefrence and set the picture durations. in secs or frames

1 - 4 of 4 Posts