GoPro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have not used my gopro in a few months to a year, and since then have gotten a new phone. I cannot seem to get my gopro to pair with the app. It continously says that it can't find my gorpro. Here are some things I have tried.

Resetting the wifi on the gopro.
Reinstalling app.
Connecting manually to Bluetooth and wifi on my phone using the default password and pin flashing on gopro.
Plugging into legacy quick desktop software to check for firmware updates.
I can still record and view videos on my laptop , but cannot connect to my phone. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having exactly the same issue. My phone is a Samsung galaxy note 10 lite and have tried everything that I've been advised to try and more, but it will not connect to the app. I have tried to connect with another android phone and it still didn't work. But when I tried to connect to my partners iPhone OR ipad it connects perfectly. I'm about to upgrade my phone and was looking at the s21ultra 😬but it looks like I'm going to be going to the dark side and go iPhone, and then I won't have full functionality to my garmin watch 🤦🏼‍♂️🙄..

Technology eh isn't it great eh 🙄 🙄

·
Administrator
9,231 Posts
if you go to the store and try to load the app to it and then the hero, it works then you update. But before you invest, Try to see if this app is on droid or your phone

MYK

and then. Off yougo having fun, it is a paid app but. You do not need to buy it, it also is free and if it works then that be your option if you want. More features, Let us all know if it works

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope doesn't work for me.
Just tried yet another android - no joy
Then tried another iPhone and it linked straight away.

Not good. Not impressed. Get a gopro they said, they're great they said 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate to even admit this because I have been team android my entire life. But it works fine on my iPhone. Connects immediately. This works right away on a cheap old iPhone 8 Plus but not at all on my s21 Ultra. How awful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a known bug in the current Quik app, saw it somewhere on GoPro website (I have an old Session, don't really use it anymore but it doesn't connect to my S20 Ultra anymore) and is apparently being looked into. See here GoPro Support

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I have not used my gopro in a few months to a year, and since then have gotten a new phone. I cannot seem to get my gopro to pair with the app. It continously says that it can't find my gorpro. Here are some things I have tried.

Resetting the wifi on the gopro.
Reinstalling app.
Connecting manually to Bluetooth and wifi on my phone using the default password and pin flashing on gopro.
Plugging into legacy quick desktop software to check for firmware updates.
I can still record and view videos on my laptop , but cannot connect to my phone. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Hi, it happened to me, all you have to is update the app and also make sure to disable the auto switch to mobile network if wifi is weak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts