GoPro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me tell you no one showed overheating of gopro testers.

let me tell you the answer from gopro about the overheating issue

Rectangle Font Number Parallel Screenshot

Let me tell you 20 minutes on the highest setting and longer on the less, some suggest, a battery removal and powerbank. I ran a test with everything Media Mod, external power and highest possible res/fps

Any questions ask.

Reactions: Jatekman

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any GoPro will record longer if it is not put into a cage, the cage just encloses the camera more and can cause over heating, but not using a cage can cause damage to the camera body.

I use the plastic Ulanzi G9-4 cage because i have the GoPro Pro Mic Adapter, which i use with my Edutige Mic and Ulanzi external power grip handle, the adapter fits into the bottom of the cage.

The Hero 7 and 9 camera that i use before i never have any heat issues that cause the recording to stop, and i can record for over 1 hour continuous with 4k/60p HEVC when i use the external power stick.

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the comments appreciate .

·
Administrator
2,875 Posts
Should record for longer if its mounted to a bike or outside a vehicle for instance, where there is better airflow. We have to remember the power in the chips this camera has now. It needs cooling. And trying to passively cool a powerful chip in such a small package isn't an easy task.

Personally this is a non-issue for me. I tend to record small clips of less then a few minutes at a time anyways so this should allow some cooling time between shots!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Should record for longer if its mounted to a bike or outside a vehicle for instance, where there is better airflow. We have to remember the power in the chips this camera has now. It needs cooling. And trying to passively cool a powerful chip in such a small package isn't an easy task.

Personally this is a non-issue for me. I tend to record small clips of less then a few minutes at a time anyways so this should allow some cooling time between shots!
Yep, most users of the Action Cameras tend to record shorter duration videos,, i probably average videos from 5 minutes up to 30 minutes, but often i stitch several shorter clips together.

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the test can be done . Hero 8 filming the Hero 10 how long will it last outside 5.3K60F. and see how long all the chapter spliced and loaded to youtube takes (LOL)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts