GoPro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before anyone starts, yes I know how fussy GoPro's are about SD cards & i'm not expecting miracles (or it to work). The card i bought was only £12 posted so very much doubt it'll cope with the GoPro's write speed, in which case I'll just use it for general storage. The card is advertised & marked as a Huawei, however the generic card packaging it arrived in shows it isn't (as if from China for £12 wasn't enough)

When I 1st tried the card in the computer it said 999gb available, but putting it in the Hero 7 Black came up with an error. I tried to format it in the 7 but it just sits there, i had to pull the battery to get it off the formatting screen. Putting the card back into the computer after the GoPro had tried to format & now even that comes up with an error, i thought i'd ruined the card already as couldn't get anything to read it now

Tried the card in the Session 5 & it sat saying "busy" for several minute, but did eventually go back to the normal home screen. I tried formatting in the Session & although taking a minute did seem to work. Put it back in the Hero 7 & that seems to read it right as well now, still freezes when you try & format in the 7 then tho. The computer shows its got the normal GoPro files/folders now on the card

The Hero 7 says 33hrs of 4k recording available, the 128gb card I normally use gives 4hrs lol. I've only recorded a 4second clip so far, so next thing is to see if it records the journey to work tomorrow ok

·
Administrator
2,799 Posts
£12 for a 1TB MicroSD = most probably a fake.
You can't even pick up a 1TB spinner HDD for £12, how can you get a 1TB MicroSD (which are still relatively new to the market) for £12?! lol

Even though your computer states 999GB, try actually writing 1TB of data to it - probably won't complete or will corrupt your data.
I would highly recommend NOT using that card for any important data. It will corrupt at a certain capacity.

Even a 1GB card can be set to report 1TB within Windows, it doesn't actually mean it has that capacity available. I'd recommend returning it while you can.

Theres a reason why the SanDisk 1TB MicroSD card is £400.....

Here is some feedback from a seller on eBay selling the card you've just purchased:

- Dishonest seller. Not 1024gb but actually 4gb hacked.
- Fake SD card,do not order - reported seller

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
Computer format may help you Glad you did not post a link. good luck talking to your gopro with a card to teh camera first.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did say in my 1st paragraph that its fake, as I also said I'm not expecting it to work so certainly not recommending anyone else run out & buy them. Its purely a test to see what you do get for £12, & it'll cost me more than that to return it back to China lol

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
got no use for fake stuff like that but try a magnet

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
Priceless Memories on a GIANT card ha ha ha keep the site posted on your expriement

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i never keep anything in just one place, i've got online storage & external hard-drives

so far its been recording for 8hrs continuous (in 4k)

·
Administrator
2,799 Posts
nothing will read it now lol. Seller has said need to copy a 7gb file on, then a 8gb but nothing is even detecting it at the minute (not really put much time into it)
I would return it. I know it wasn't expensive, but for me it would be the principle of the thing. Why should the seller get away with selling something he/she knew was fake?!

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
was fun while it lasted I bet

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
full refund thanks to ebay, seller was wasting time giving same suggestions to fix the card. Got ebay to step in & they gave me my money back, still got the card so might have another play with it some other time

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
may be used to level or wedge something then to toss out. at least the fudns are back and not allowed to leave feedback Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts