GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I`m new and fresh with the GoPro studio software. Using iMovie generally.
Just tryed out the GoPro editing programme yesterday. Got help with it on Youtube. Found a short video explaining how to trim the viceo clips. I was surprised to find out that you are trimming teh clips BEFORE you put them on the time-line. That`s a huge minus. It makes the work much more time consuming. In iMovie you do this directly on the time-line and that`s much easier.
Now I have to trim it, convert it and then put it on the time-line. If I am not satisfied, I have to do it all over again. Very very annoying.

Can this be correct ?

·
Administrator
8,958 Posts
`1. does not take a day to learn this

2. trimming can also happen with the start and end [ ] points. in step two

3. also using the split

go to Help and manual and you can read up some

Reactions: Fox Hound

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can trim in step 1 and 2. You can trim On the timeline and before putting a video on it too.

Trimming in step 1 (before timeline) is a huge advantage ! That way, you only convert the part that you need, thus reducing converting time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I will check this out.

Another thing. Closed GoPro studio and my computer last night. Now, everything I imported is gone. When I choose Open recent project, it´s nothing there.
Doesn´t the programme have autosave ????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question. The sound from one of my clips suddenly dissapeared. Its a red line across the speaker sign. Cant get it of again and the sound back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts