GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first attempt at using my GoPro. I recorded some videos and now want to download them to my hard drive. From what I've read I don't need any files that have the extension THM or LRV. Should I transfer only the MP4 files to my hard drive or transfer everything and then delete leaving only the MP4 files? Thxs

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
thm are not needed at all, and LRV the same. When I transfer off my camera I only see the MP4, because I am not removing my card or using the phone. if I want Proy files made of a lower resolution the editor can create them and i cn use as a back up in ways. No you do not need the extra files.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thm are not needed at all, and LRV the same. When I transfer off my camera I only see the MP4, because I am not removing my card or using the phone. if I want Proy files made of a lower resolution the editor can create them and i cn use as a back up in ways. No you do not need the extra files.
Thxs for the quick reply Fish.

·
Administrator
9,784 Posts
Welcomed.

·
Administrator
2,895 Posts
THM are Thumbnail files.
LRV are low resolution video files (used with the app etc)

MP4 are the actual full resolution files you would use to create your video project or upload to social media etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts