GoPro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm very new at this and have a Hero 10 Black with 512GB SD Card.
I've taken a couple of videos and plugged in the charging cable, went to the client in File Explorer (Win 10), and get "This Folder is Empty".

I can view the Videos on the Hero 10, but they don't show on my computer.

Any Ideas?
Dan

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
I reconnect, and let it load up, it may take a few more seconds to show something,

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you insert just the memory card into your pc, does it show the contents?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not. However, I found an old multiport card reader from about 12 years ago and was able to get the files off of it using a full-size SD card adapter. I've never had this problem before. I was beginning to wonder if the card speed was so fast that it timed out before my 6-year-old computer woke up to read it. I guess I need to spend a LOT more time learning...
Thanks to all who tried to help!
Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
The only way I have been able to see/import files to a Windows 10 laptop is to remove the SD card from the Hero 10 and use a third-party SD card reader. Try the CHKDSK command on the card or the ATTRIB command to view the photos.
At last, you have to use a recovery program to view the media from the card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only way I have been able to see/import files to a Windows 10 laptop is to remove the SD card from the Hero 10 and use a third-party SD card reader. Try the CHKDSK command on the card or the ATTRIB command to view the photos.
At last, you have to use a recovery program to view the media from the card.
Thanks, Ankit!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had this happen a few times recently, strangely it doesnt seem to happen during light use but if i bolt it to my car it seems to happen relatively often (maybe a vibration thing?)

Fix in my cases have been to offload the footage via sd card reader as suggested above, then reformat the card and you're back in business and new videos will again show (until next time fault occurs).

In my case it's got to be either vibration relatived or SD card corruption due to length of use. Data has always been ultimately retreivable in all cases so far but it did require me to buy a cheap (very cheap tbh) sd card reader adapter.

I've put it down to a goproism and just an occupational hazard, its not too much hassle as long as i dont lose data

1 - 8 of 8 Posts