GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This is a copy of a complaints message I have just sent to GoPro. Have a read of it.

I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN THE WAY YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS AND THE MISLEADING PROMOTIONS TO GET US TO JOIN GoPro Plus, AS I intended to buy extra batteries for my GoPro Hero 8 (I also have a 7 and 6 Black) I tried to order them from you as you have advertised on your website that as a GoPro Plus Member I would get a discount. On attempting to place this order I got an on screen message that you could not post these to me. Subsequently I have ordered two from Amazon.co.uk which are at full retail price (NO DISCOUNT). I have spoken to one of your sales guys today to find out why you could not supply me these batteries. His reply was not really a valid one in as much as why if Amazon could send me batteries, why you could not.

I also inquired when the Media Mod for the Hero 8 Black was going to be available and he could not answer that!!. I also asked if and when it became available would there be a discount on its price. His answer was NO.

I also asked a straight forward question re the charging of the Hero 8 batteries. The question was "Will my two existing chargers bought for the Hero 6 and 7 Black be suitable for charging these new Hero 8 batteries?" His answer was not a positive one, in as much as he said the probably might be. He did try to sell me a Hero 8 GoPro battery charger with one battery. So how on earth can you supply that to me if you can not dispatch Hero 8 batteries !!!!

I joined the GoPro Plus mainly to be able to get the offered/suggested on your website the discounts as I have no use for the cloud offering in the membership and my own camera equipment already fully covers my needs should anything go wrong with the three GoPro;s or they get lost. It would appear that the membership fee of $4,99 a month is a complete waste of money as I already have cloud storage elsewhere and am also a plus member of Vimio.co.uk.

I also do all my 4k editing on a high end desktop computer and for editing I already use Blackmagic's Devinci Resolve Studio v16.1.1 software as you own media editing software is far to basic for my needs.

Your website to my way of thinking is very misleading and needs a complete re-design and a bit of honesty and true facts (that it does not mention on it.

The cameras, yes are good for some of my multi cam needs, but the one design flaw in them is the on/off button and the shoot button. Both are very difficult to press and use owing to the thick rubber shroud over them. Interactively I have to use my thumb nail to find the micro switch underneath the rubber shroud and then press it with my thumb nail. This is going to shorten the life span of the rubber shroud!!.

I am not impressed either with the means of contacting you either. A email via your website for questions/complaints with a ticket number would be a lot better as I have found waiting around for someone to answer your website "chat" is very time consuming, when a operator does eventually answer. For me the other BIG mistake you have made is not having a HDMI output on the Hero 8 Black. My Hero 6 & 7 work well in feeding into my Blackmagic Vision mixer, but until you start supplying the rather expensive Media Mod I can not use the 8 on my setups for live mixing and recording or live streaming. As I use Rode mics on these cameras already I have no need for a built in directional microphone on the Media Mod and till I try one out I'm pretty sure that the Rode video mics will perform better than a tiny directional mic in the Media Mod.

I feel pretty sure that I am one of many customers pointing out the above to you and that you should do something about these points I have made.

V J Bobin

·
Administrator
9,275 Posts
Read the Terms + Conditions if the Plus is not for you. I hear what you're saying but Exempting the Module because its now. and cutting corners is exactly what gopro did to make a profit. I use the Promic works for me but the HDMI people want are now forced to get the Module. if they want just the Display they have to get both.

Now that is GoPro for you, out to get your $$$ and tehy will trick you Big time, why you have to Read the fine print.

Micro switch and super flushed mode totally agree.

For Customer support they are short handed and use 3rd party, and yes you must slowly and clearly tell them big time or else they simply do not understand,

I also know if you call in for a warranty, gopro also is well known to delay and let hang in the system to ignore till you get disgusted and move on. that is go-Pro.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also find the GoPro + to be misleading...heck half of their accessories are not 50% off. Had 3 batteries half off in my cart but when I go to check out it reverts back to the original. Finally ended up getting the batteries and charger from Amazon..US. I have a free month trial and I will use it for that time period and probably cancel. Just from what I have seen with my limited experience....they like to stick it to people just to make a buck.

Turned in a GoPro 4 for a new 8...they taxed me almost 12%. My state tax is 9 3/4. Little coin yes...but you do the math. They do that on ALL items you buy from GoPro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts