GoPro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like someones got too keen & updated the GoPro website too early & included pictures of the new products. Looks like the Hero 5, & Karma leaked pictures were correct, but wasn't expecting a handheld gimbal (late to the game again tho)

https://it.gopro.com/

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Why this site needs a hero 5 section and it is a gopro forum. come on site ?!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So it seems they're also keeping the Session design (smart move). I'm wondering if they'll improve it as well. It is hard to see, but the drone looks kind of ugly. And that's interesting about the handheld gimbal. But knowing GoPro, they'll probably charge a fortune for those too.

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
I wonder who gopro contracted with for the stabilizer Xiao-JJ-3

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Stay tuned Sept 19th 2016 Apple is first Sept 7th

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it seems they're also keeping the Session design (smart move). I'm wondering if they'll improve it as well
from what i've read, its slightly bigger than the normal GoPro's. No front screen, but same resolution/fps as Hero 4 Black, but with rear screen, voice command & some form of image stability. It is waterproof without a case like the Session

It is hard to see, but the drone looks kind of ugly. And that's interesting about the handheld gimbal. But knowing GoPro, they'll probably charge a fortune for those too.
i think there too late to get involved with the drone & the gimbal market, both markets are already have plenty of well established competition. The drone (Karma) does fold up, but I don't think its enough

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes, there are plenty of drones and gimbals but i think trying to grab more of the accessory market is essential for GoPro.
Yes, they are behind on that, but having their own gimbal and drone can have some apple`like benefits, like creating some gimmicks to keep the Gopro working 100% with only the Gopro accessories etc.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only reason GoPro hasn't been able to capture (no pun intended) more of the accessory market is because of the exaggerated prices. Look at stuff like the PowerBank & Rucksack they tried to sell

I dread to think how much Karma & the gimbal are going to cost

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Unless the Hero 5 captures 4k at 60p, I'm really not that interested.
the information all rumored. i I doubt it. waterproof case and voice commands lol 4K improvements nope.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there has been talk of it having image stabilization & GPS as well, only 5days then we'll know for sure

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm prepared to be UNDERwhelmed, given what the press and the web have surfaced so far. Hope I'm wrong. I am a Gopro user and fan, but I fear they've lost their way. They need some "consumer GPS" to understand where the markets for such items are going. If the Gopro 5 isn't a major upgrade that overshadows the now cheap and very functional competition with features that EXPAND the potential buyer market, then Gopro is going to be fish food for other corporations.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm prepared to be UNDERwhelmed, given what the press and the web have surfaced so far. Hope I'm wrong. I am a Gopro user and fan, but I fear they've lost their way. They need some "consumer GPS" to understand where the markets for such items are going. If the Gopro 5 isn't a major upgrade that overshadows the now cheap and very functional competition with features that EXPAND the potential buyer market, then Gopro is going to be fish food for other corporations.
i fear your right, & fear it's the end. Only real advantage i've seen to the 5 is the rear screen & being waterproof without a case, not convinced that's going to be enough, especially if the price is still sky high.

Karma is too late, DJI have the drone market by the balls & even got Mavic waiting to be launched a week later to knock Karma out of the sky

the gimbal, WHY? Again too little too late, theirs already plenty of choice for gimbals. Nick's done a fantastic job making the company it is from a simple idea of a camera on a wristband, but I feel his grudge against DJI is going to cost him dearly

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Horizon hobby, spectrum , hobbyzone and the other seven names One major company.

Dji and parrot

GoPro has taken their. Business in a different approach and more or less the cameras today may soon e d

Fish

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's a shame. I wonder why they haven't been paying attention to the feedback on these forums? Have any of you heard of them doing any market research with current and potential customers?

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Companies Monitor they do? and do just that. There is a gopro co person here.

FISH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts