GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

This is my first post in this forum. I recently got my hands on Gopro Hero4 black edition. I shot videos with default settings: 1080p, 60fps.
My laptop config is core i5, 2.93ghz processor with windows 8.

I open gorpo studio and imported the files. I selected the portions I wanted to trim and added these clips to conversion list. When I gave 'convert all', My system crashed and Turned off.

Later I tried importing file one by one and then added to convert list one at a time. Instead of converting all the files at a time. I was converting just one file. The crash was still happening.

Need help as to what I can do to avoid this. I could clearly see CPU overshooting 100%.

Regards,
ravi

·
Registered
784 Posts
I. What type of SD card are you using? Is it on the list of recommended SD cards?

II. Are you importing the files to your C: drive or an external drive?
If you are using an external drive can you remove it and try importing and converting to your C: drive and report back.
Also, try the following:
1. Import any JPG you have and convert it and see if that works.
2. Record something at a lower frame rate, i.e. 30fps and see if you can import and convert it.

Let us know which steps were successful.

If none were, then uninstall and re-install GoPro Studio and repeat the above steps and see if any of the steps are successful.

If you can send the crash report that would be great too. If you are unable to attach any files send them to me through private message and i will upload them to the thread.

Cheers,

Kareem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I. What type of SD card are you using? Is it on the list of ?

II. Are you importing the files to your C: drive or an external drive?
If you are using an external drive can you remove it and try importing and converting to your C: drive and report back.
Also, try the following:
1. Import any JPG you have and convert it and see if that works.
2. Record something at a lower frame rate, i.e. 30fps and see if you can import and convert it.

Let us know which steps were successful.

If none were, then uninstall and re-install GoPro Studio and repeat the above steps and see if any of the steps are successful.

If you can send the crash report that would be great too. If you are unable to attach any files send them to me through private message and i will upload them to the thread.

Cheers,

Kareem
I am using a recommended SanDisk extreme microSD card.

I imported the files to my internal hard disk before I imported to GPS.

I was able to convert a shorter length Video with the same 60fps frame rate. But slightly longer and This occurred.

Will checkout converting the image as well. The weird part is my laptop shuts down without any warning or blue screen. I saw that the CPU hits 100% just before the system shuts down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts