GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Just got my gopro 10 and started thinking more than one would be better but I want them to be synced.

I've done some research unsuccessfully, any advice and or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, just joined so I could reply to this.

This will depend on what you mean by sync and what cameras you have.

The Smart Remote will allow you to start multiple cameras at the same time, although not exactly as there can be some delay starting the first. The Smart Remote works with the Hero 8,7,6,5,4

The remote (the new one replacing the Smart remote) does the same but only on the Hero 8,9 and 10.

Gopros will store a timecode data track in the video that might be used to help with synchronisation.

In the Quik app you can go to each camera one by one and in the settings you can set the camera time to that of the phone. This will syncronise the timecodes somewhat - but it isn't frame accurate so the timecode data in the videos won't exactly match up perfectly.

There is a paid for app for Android called Tools For Heros that will let you start all cameras at approximately the same time - I've used it with the Hero 6, 8 and 10 simultaneously. There is a little delay as it establishes a bluetooth connection and starts.

If you use the Quik app the set the times and the Tools For Heros app to start them all together then you might not have to do too much tweaking to get them lined up in post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there, just joined so I could reply to this.

This will depend on what you mean by sync and what cameras you have.

The Smart Remote will allow you to start multiple cameras at the same time, although not exactly as there can be some delay starting the first. The Smart Remote works with the Hero 8,7,6,5,4

The remote (the new one replacing the Smart remote) does the same but only on the Hero 8,9 and 10.

Gopros will store a timecode data track in the video that might be used to help with synchronisation.

In the Quik app you can go to each camera one by one and in the settings you can set the camera time to that of the phone. This will syncronise the timecodes somewhat - but it isn't frame accurate so the timecode data in the videos won't exactly match up perfectly.

There is a paid for app for Android called Tools For Heros that will let you start all cameras at approximately the same time - I've used it with the Hero 6, 8 and 10 simultaneously. There is a little delay as it establishes a bluetooth connection and starts.

If you use the Quik app the set the times and the Tools For Heros app to start them all together then you might not have to do too much tweaking to get them lined up in post.
Awesome! Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts