GoPro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a youtube video that is claiming that there is a long sun streak when filming videos pointed at the sun. I was wondering if any other users using the Gopro 11 is having the same issue.
Light Product Cap Font Flash photography

·
Registered
644 Posts
try pointing any camera into the sun. you would need filters to block the streak

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
Gopro. Makes a flare. The EIS on you can clearly see the red lil square or circle the streaks are quite the norm and caused by how many lenses in the lense 7 about, if they changed companies that be one nice reason, if it is just that one person that says their camera is not good which I watched, may have a Flawed one.

Did that person ever rotate the camera if he saw the flare

Also please Credit the owner when posting to Any forum,

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
I'd be concerned if that flare line (which seems quite strong) is in the exact same place every time.
If not, lens flare is normal when pointing towards such a strong light source.

·
Registered
644 Posts
its just a flare ffs, its not like its there the whole time. this might be the stupidest reason to return the camera i ever heard of

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
funny thing is DJI action t3 does it quite well if asked I got that type of streak, and its their new lenses as well gopro on the market
IMHO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, credit goes to The General Expert YouTube channel. In the video he shows that his Gopro 10 shooting the same footage does not have the sun streak like the Hero 11. I also was reading some of the comments for his video saying the same thing Is happening to them. I am a little concerned due to Gopro recently changing the sensor, and wanted to verify with some users on the forum before making a purchase. I like filming sunrises and sunsets sometimes, so it would be a deal breaker for me. Thanks for all of the replies and help.

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
no problem. When I went. Out shotthe sunrise no streak for me. Prior the golden hour, but when at high noon I did not get the chance or recall if I had it, I more or less did not hold on to the camera long enough to want to know anymore of it if issues were in it. The sensor, the lens yes they are new, I watched his clip, before you got here posting, just amazing how these lil cameras do, hope its just a bad batch and that is all, BTW. I had two hero 11’s just not worth for me to keep when the Hero 10 could do everything but 7:8. And that gopro won’t offer10-bit, HDR etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts