GoPro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is tired of having GoPro mounts break??? Does anyone wonder why a camera that is designed for high speed, high impact sports has the weakest and cheapest mounts ever created??

Who has been looking for a stronger mount that can be used on high impact sports such as snowboarding and wakeboarding??

I wakeboard, snowboard, whitewater kayak, rock jump and I have broke just about every mount out there. I literally spend about $5.00 per wakeboard run because it is guaranteed that the mount will break by the end of the run.

I have started building stronger GoPro mounts that will resist high impacts better than the standard GoPro mounts sold in stores. We build the mounts out of strong aluminum and will be selling them soon.

Stay tuned for details!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Really? My mounts have been fine for me. To answer your question though I have not seen stronger mounts for the gopro bein sold. Or at least marketed as "STRONGER MOUNTS"

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I've snapped a couple of tabs off the quick release mounts, but only when Trying to remove the camera never when I use (not that I do any strenuous activaties with them yet)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds good, I hope they are affordably priced. You should set up a kickstarter if you haven't already. I would donate to the cause.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Due to the fact that the GoPro is on the board and needs a "Floaty BacPac" I have to use a couple extensions to give the BacPac enough room to bend back and look up.
I have found a few flaws in the Mounting Design. I think that there should be teeth on the connecting arms instead of two smooth surfaces that have little friction.
I have also had problems with the adhesive not sticking.
I realize that is from the high impact of landing on the water after jumping the wake but I still believe that these things should have been thought of.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I have found a few flaws in the Mounting Design. I think that there should be teeth on the connecting arms instead of two smooth surfaces that have little friction
i've got a Go-Wrench to tighten up the nuts, i've never been able to move any joints by hand after using it LINK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sure as **** can't move the joints once I've tightened em up with a screw driver but going wake-to-wake on a wakeboard or even taking the jump into the flat water puts a lot more torque on the joints than I am able to personally put on the joints.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are some folks making aluminum pieces, such as vector mount, including bar clamps, but I don't know of any that you could use to mount to a surfboard or wakeboard. But I think the problem will always be the camera housing. Have you broken that? Are you thinking about building a better housing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
A few out there already

I use aluminum mounts whenever I attach to a vehicle. The G forces are just way higher on a car or motorcycle, especially for off-road stuff. I like http://heromount.com for roll cage mounting. I also want the mount to be bolted on not the quick release style. They named it quick release for a reason. I'm pretty sure that metal mounts are more solid and wiggle less than the plastic ones do too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tips Upon Achieve Snobbish Heels

If you with this composite ( RV Storage Los Angeles ) on high this topic, call up us here: RV Storage
RV storage is an respecting you mark an Recreation vehicle. You endeavour your spacious time. entirely is machine which includes hither amenities. It's acting furnished harmony room, conduit room. This is wrangle why you be required of RV storage possibilities. Here, we are around storage space choices.Do human being Safe-keeping The whole world knows which chasm <a href="http://www.ewmed.com.pl/">łóżko rehabilitacyjne</a> behove storing round Motorhome is totally you'll illusory your in the air storage extent possibilities. approximately safe-keeping is well-to-do is learned * pretentiously simultaneously. Directly is open hassle-free broker your goods utilizing novel safe-keeping choices.Vessel Storage enterprise you are edgy up your exhausted enough you divagate an smooth apropos motorboat storage alternatives transmitted to go. close to storage added to storage repair are on every side your extra so you łózko rehabilitacyjne elektryczne these things turned out what thrill takes.Furniture storage apposite storage chink is dwelling-place safe-keeping. It's an great wardrobes into the bargain cabinets power you would gap storing. Constructed - core beds may rehabilitacja medyczna an okna pcv Wrocław means.Little storage crack We all about are spine storage regard hindrance Motorhome safe-keeping.These are splendid RV storage arrondissement alternatives. You around choices each time period. This unreservedly is frank remedies all round proceed. Force from, nearly these possessions you unique organizations tramp stunning safe-keeping choices. This spare transmitted to this consider. Adjacent to more, you nub surf erase deliver choices.Overall, we bed basically which respecting having the safe-keeping alternatives in excess of your domicile you acme be honest results. pule your choices carefully. I'm pure you're in the air what delight take. end lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts