GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I connect my gopro to a portable modem.
Then start a live stream with the phone app.
do i need to have the phone with me to keep the live stream going? (ie can i just take the portable modem and the gopro with me to lessen the load while live streaming?)

·
Administrator
9,576 Posts
GoPro is not a Smartphone it has no way of getting Online. Maybe don the road a camera will do so, but you will need the smartphone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GoPro is not a Smartphone it has no way of getting Online. Maybe don the road a camera will do so, but you will need the smartphone
As I said I will have a portable modem with me so I don't need smartphone for the internet I just want to know if I still need the smartphone for the go pro app after I have started the stream

·
Administrator
9,576 Posts
Lets try it this way:

Gopro App, gopro camera, all you need to get streaming nothing else. you will need a smartphone, App, and gopro, wifi, hotspot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets try it this way:

Gopro App, gopro camera, all you need to get streaming nothing else. you will need a smartphone, App, and gopro, wifi, hotspot.
Let's try it this way where I want to go tghe phone hotspot does not work well enough that's why I need the modem please don't question how or why I just need the answer do i still need the phone with me to run the stream or do i not once I start phone won't be used for internet just the app will the phone need to be near for the stream to work I guess I'll have to test myself but that will cost me money just to test really was a simple question as the modem can connect an aerial that gets better reception than phone that won't get reception but I want to lighten my Load

·
Administrator
9,576 Posts
the camera requires a phone, which requires the gopro app. it is that simple. IOS and Droid apps, and devices needed

·
Administrator
9,576 Posts
So you are asking if I can stream without a phone. Home router is running.

Turn camera on, swipe down to Preference go to wireless Connection, turn wifi On.. that is as far as the camera will go to stream. END the wifi is on, there is no way to switch to live stream, there is only on the camera timelase mode, Video Mode, photo Mode. Livestream is in the gopro App, that requires the phone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So you are asking if I can stream without a phone. Home router is running.

Turn camera on, swipe down to Preference go to wireless Connection, turn wifi On.. that is as far as the camera will go to stream. END the wifi is on, there is no way to switch to live stream, there is only on the camera timelase mode, Video Mode, photo Mode. Livestream is in the gopro App, that requires the phone
ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts