GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I just bought a GoPro Hero 8 Black and I am a newbee actually.
I tested my GoPro first in a very quite room. While watching my test video with earphones, I realised a deep noise in the right ear. It was like the wind sound near the ocean. Then I tried it with different earphones and Apple Airpods, but the result was always the same. It is not very disturbing actually, if I switch the volume to maximum on and if there is no one talking or any other voices in the video at that moment, I can hear that deep noise. Nevertheless, if it is a defect, I wouldn't be happy with that. I need your comments.

Thanks a lot in advance...

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
First welcome to the forums.
How is your Protune set up, is the Audio on wind only, stereo, Auto? And have you tried the Raw Audio of the camera, which can be raised and lowered with high, me, low?

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
so here is a post some one is with an issue simular to yours:
Media Mod-High frequency Noise Issue

This is a problem of high frequency noise in the new media module.

It does not occur when used without mounting.
If the video is recorded where there is general noise, it will not be detected by the video audio.

However, you can check when shooting in a quiet place with little noise.
After mounting and shooting, I checked the video and found high frequency noise sound coming from the audio.
The result is the same even though I have changed all settings for microphone, raw audio.
Just put on headphones and turn up the volume to see them right away.
Did not occur when using an external microphone.

I would like to be able to see what the problem is.
I'm a bit disappointed about this issue. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Fish...

Thank you for your answer. After trying many combinations with protune settings, I found our that the Wind ON mode is giving the best result. The strange noise has gone, after I changed the Wind mode to ON. Thank you. I know now that it is not a defect.

I have two other questions now:

1. Can I leave the wind mode always ON?
(Does it affect the life of the battery, or anything else?)

2. Does it make video's size bigger, to take videos with RAW High mode?

Thank you for your time and help...

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
1 wav file will take sd card space away.
2 protunes each profile will need to be set up I believe. Keep that in mind.

battery no its not going to affect it at all if asked. I keep my gps on which I do not use and I get the same with it off.

glad to help/ Play around, find what works best and have fun sharing

FISH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone

I just bought a GoPro Hero 8 Black and I am a newbee actually.
I tested my GoPro first in a very quite room. While watching my test video with earphones, I realised a deep noise in the right ear. It was like the wind sound near the ocean. Then I tried it with different earphones and Apple Airpods, but the result was always the same. It is not very disturbing actually, if I switch the volume to maximum on and if there is no one talking or any other voices in the video at that moment, I can hear that deep noise. Nevertheless, if it is a defect, I wouldn't be happy with that. I need your comments.

Thanks a lot in advance...
Well come to gopro World. I dont know why gopro has terrible sound record. Probably they want to sell external microphone adapter. We are paying lotof money but sount record is awful

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
three words, Waterproof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts