GoPro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have noticed that the stabilization is not good for recording while walking. I think (might be wrong) that gyro input is not strong enough while moving too slow?
I am holding the camera perfectly still with both hands and walking heal-toes with my knees low.
The camera crops frame all over the place even if go pro is barely moving. This is killing me and it makes the camera unusable.
Is there something that can be done? gopro9 has a horizon lock which sounds awesome, but if it (doesnt) works like this then it's useless for me.
SAMPLES:

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
are you referring to the Bobble up/down that you will never get rid of its the Norm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you referring to the Bobble up/down that you will never get rid of its the Norm
Nope, I know up and down is normal, but I get thrown all over the place when I stop... Look at this video 50+ sec, it tilts horizon and goes all over the place -

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
Nope, I know up and down is normal, but I get thrown all over the place when I stop... Look at this video 50+ sec, it tilts horizon and goes all over the place -
the video is fine any Low light shot you get jitters,, can that be exactly what you're seeing a low light and hypersmooth all grainy and jumpy, the whole vid looks Normal. no shakes here while watching.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not low light jitter, did you not see a video was taken at noon xD...What do you mean no shakes? It's driving me crazy, I have to post-stabilize every clip... And it is happening with hyper smooth and with boost. I tried all kinds of settings even high ISO for the "low light" problem, it's not it... I have a gimbal but left it home for that shooting... I'm just trying to see if it is normal or not, all stabilization tests on youtube are people running like crazy xD

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
the video played correct on youtube. you said at 51 seconds in that be in the Tunnel and out. a low light scene

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might say it wrong, I am sorry. The scene where I slow down and stop after the tunnel in front of two cannons. I hold the camera in place, but stabilization is trying to find a frame, I guess, and just moves around, then it picks up stabilization again as I speed up. It is visible as it locks stabilization again. When I walk faster it works, when I walk too slow it is not so good. There are more samples on the channel, check it out.

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
I might say it wrong, I am sorry. The scene where I slow down and stop after the tunnel in front of two cannons. I hold the camera in place, but stabilization is trying to find a frame, I guess, and just moves around, then it picks up stabilization again as I speed up. It is visible as it locks stabilization again. When I walk faster it works, when I walk too slow it is not so good. There are more samples on the channel, check it out.
Understood: What comes to mind is that GoPro has to think ahead of the shot, it has about 1gb of internal memory, Now Now what comes to mind, some did complain about Pan issues so I wonder if pointing straight ahead , or walking with the camera on a lil to the side is causing that issue.

this happens with panning as well that stutter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the feedback, does anyone know how is 9 handling horizon level when you walk? Is it catching it only when moving faster or it can handle the walk?
- btw check this shot, its 2.7 with a hyper boost on.... I can't believe this could be normal, as I am holding GoPro quite steady, my smartphone is handling the same situation with no issues and it looks buttery smooth on it.
It seems that at 0:30 stabilization catches it on a few seconds... Ironically when not pointed straight ahead...

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
If HL (Horizontal level is used, that is with the Lens Mod as well,correct? so what you are saying you want the video to be LEVELED 100% with the lens mod no matter what angle.

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
With GoPro, you may never know. what to expect? Contact GoPro, maybe they'll pass it along to the Developers

·
Registered
2 Posts
What version are you using? I started to have similar stabilization problems after I installed the latest update V2.50. My waking videos used to be very smooth (except the "normal" minor up down motion). After the installation my videos started to look a lot like yours with a lot more shaky side movement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look at this video I found....!!!! Is GoPro "making" us upgrade to a new cam? I am not happy about this. Where is the boost?

·
Administrator
9,058 Posts
what gopro was about, throw issues, resolve in new cameras been that way since opening day

1 - 17 of 17 Posts