GoPro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all :)

I have just bought my first gopro and having great fun with it...Until I started recording in the ultraslow preset. (I have tried 2.7K, 1080 at 120fps and 240fps) After finishing my recording, when I play the video back on the GP-10, Its plays
back in normal speed. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong? I have searched many youtube vidoes but they don't mention playback on the GP.

Thanks for any advice:)

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
As you learn the camera to playback a slo mo is to set the playback speed, not at the camera to tell how, but its on there. Maybe I need to do a how to show wit halo mo.

gopro set the original file to play regular speed, not slo , and allowed sound, like Jake said use a computer and editor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As you learn the camera to playback a slo mo is to set the playback speed, not at the camera to tell how, but its on there. Maybe I need to do a how to show wit halo mo.

gopro set the original file to play regular speed, not slo , and allowed sound, like Jake said use a computer and editor
Thank You Fish Just downloaded Powerdirector as it seems the best all rounder:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For some reason I thought it would the camera would let you view your video playback even in slow mo like other cameras do. Clearly not on the gopro 10 anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The way i think about it is not a slowmotion function as such, a second of footage at any fps is a second of footage, but if you want to acheive a slow motion just use appropriate fps so you can get away with the stretching in post without compromising smoothness/a normal framerate once slowed down.

So it's the same thing but indirectly, but what it does mean is because it's done in post you're not being dictated what the slowdown factor is by the camera.

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
240 = 8 X slo mo
120 = 4X slow mo
60 2x slow mo

something like that

·
Registered
41 Posts
Absolutely, obviously it depends what your target framerate is, I think here at least it tends to be 30fps or 24 - 24 seems pretty acceptable so if you shot at 240 you might be able to get away with a factor of 10.

Which for a buggy, temporamental melodramatic gopro isn't bad actually :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts