GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any silent install switches for Studio? Trying to deploy using a batch file and pdqdeploy software and looking for a way to install it without user interaction needed.
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I think you need to set up using a domain admin or local admin and deploy it by installing PDQ's pre-made packages. If you are on free version you have a limited amount of those pre-made packages. You select the package from the "package library" then import it. Navigate to packages, right click choose your targets, set your credentials and deploy. It will silently deploy to the other works stations.

For gopro studios you would need to develop your on premade package and it has to be deployable silently.

Click here for instructions on how do make your own premade package

I googled "silent deploy for gopro studios" and unfortunately didn't get a definitive answer as to whether it can be deployed silently. I would advise calling gopro support and ask that question.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of you who stumble across this like i did and are looking to silent install this, i found the answer!
I didn't find the answer on any other forums, so thought i better post this.

There is an MSI file extracted during the installation!
Tested with version 2.3.0.5383 and version 2.6.1.780

# Just run and complete the GoPro QUIK installation exe.
# Navigate to c:\programdata\package cache
# Sort by date modified and open the most recent folders to look for the msi called GDA.msi. (The folder for me was called "{855E73D9-1EC0-4914-98D1-FD1FC7E93870}v0.1.780" but may changed based on version installed)

You can now silent install QUIK with this MSI file. just open a command prompt as administrator and run GDA.msi /quiet

Hope this helps :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts