GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am going to record serveral hours (6-12 h) with looping mode on my hero 7 black. I am going to use a 10.000mah powerbank, should I remove the internal battery or is it safe to let it stay inside the camera? I am just wondering if It can damage my gopro in someway etc. I am going to record with 1080p 60 fps. I would prefer to let the battery stay inside the camera If my powerbanks usb cable would get off. I am a fisherman and have a chesty and it can be bumpy sometimes so I am quite confident that the usb sometimes maybe will disconnect from the camera If I do a aggressive move.

What du you suggest?

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
gorp does not allow usb type hook up for power, so that said you will have to do what???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gorp does not allow usb type hook up for power, so that said you will have to do what???
Fish, what do you mean? I have watched serveral youtube videos when people use a powerbank to extend recording time with gopro because the battery inside only last about 1 h. Is it a wrong way to go?

·
Administrator
2,787 Posts
Personally I'd keep the battery inside the camera with the power bank attached. Thats how Ive always done it in the past. Haven't tested it with the Hero 9 but should work fine.

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
sorry:
say it like this gopro does not allow charging, while recording. you will need to use the powerbank, less the internal battery in thecamera

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi!

I am going to record serveral hours (6-12 h) with looping mode on my hero 7 black. I am going to use a 10.000mah powerbank, should I remove the internal battery or is it safe to let it stay inside the camera? I am just wondering if It can damage my gopro in someway etc. I am going to record with 1080p 60 fps. I would prefer to let the battery stay inside the camera If my powerbanks usb cable would get off. I am a fisherman and have a chesty and it can be bumpy sometimes so I am quite confident that the usb sometimes maybe will disconnect from the camera If I do a aggressive move.

What du you suggest?
you should not have any issues HOWEVER, if you leave the battery charged and installed, make sure you have the power bank connected and energized before powering up the GoPro. The GoPro will draw power from the power bank 1st and in the event the power bank becomes depleted, it’ll switch to the internal battery

the GoPro will NOTswitch from the internal battery to the external power bank when the battery becomes depleted

mad to the bumps, if you think the usb connection will get disconnected, don’t leave the battery installed

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
Once records pressed, the Powerbank is disabled.

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
A gopro will not have backup something they must concider

1 - 9 of 9 Posts