GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched a lot about the gopro hero 3 and was almost certainly going to buy. Until I started reading MANY people complaining that their cameras came defective.
I live in Brazil and buy a camera outside the country. If the camera had faulty switch would be pretty boring and I would pay the freight.
I also noticed that most people who complain are the old posts and the silver and black editions.
Here's my question:
Currently the gopro hero 3 keeps coming with defects?
The white edition is generally not have problems?

Obs:Using a micro SD Class 10 (not SanDisk), the last update and card 16 gb

·
Registered
103 Posts
Go Pro is at the top of its game. There isn't another camera you can get that is better. So I'd say go for it! They are super useful and durable.

Watch for battery life issues once you've owned it for a while, and also watch for overheating (especially in Brazil.)

Other than that I wouldn't put up any red flags for you.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i've got 2 x Hero 3 Blacks, & had a Hero 3 White. I've got 64gb Sandisk which people have always complained about & all are working fine with no issues.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The best thing to do....

One of the best things to do before using the camera for the first time is to make sure that the firmware is up to date. As for the battery life, they are not as good as the Hero1 (1 and change compared to over 2 for the Hero1). As for use, they have the most mounts available for the camera and that gives you a variety of options depending on what you want to use the camera for. I have 9 units, most are Hero 1's and am thinking on replacing them with the Hero3 White, as I already have a Hero3 Black. Other than that, read the pro's and con's on different sites and go from there.

·
Administrator
9,730 Posts
Here is my advice to you.

I got kicked off a forum, because I speak the truth....

I read on a forum that people have nothing better to do, and they love to complain. so we have to listen.

a GoPro Hero 4 will be on the market in late November. And again we all will hesitate because people will love/hate this device.

My advice to you is, get the Hero Black edition, because that is the one you want, and buy yourself a class 10 card, that is recommended by gopro. and go out, and enjoy the camera. that aid I hope you build up enough confidence to purchase one. And not worry bout an old post...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts