GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had my BLK Hero3 replaced (freezing and bicycle mode etc) and one of the same issues the original one had, happens with this new one. When I cycle to settings, before I get a chance to select the next option, the camera auto exits back to video camera mode. This occurs almost with every attempt. Unless your super quick, it's very difficult to change any settings. Once you get into at least one setting its fine and will remain in settings until you exit manually.

Is anyone experiencing the same and have you found a solution? I am running the latest firmware

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had this happen to me

I have had this happen to me but it doesn't do it every time. Here's my observations:

<ul>
[*]Happens more frequently when pressing the buttons while the camera is inside the waterproof housing. Happens less frequently or barely at all when the camera is out of the housing.
[*]I don't have the issue at all when using the remote key fob or the iPod app.
[/list]

So in my case, it seems to be something to do with very sensitive button membranes and the use of the housing. Are you finding it does this to you without the case, as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stability issues

I bought my BLK Hero3 weeks after it where released and experienced problems within the first minutes. I managed to update it to the current firmware but this did not help much. After searching around I found lots of people experiencing the exact same issues so this is a software issue, not faulty hardware. I'm not suprised that you experience the same thing with the replacement. A friend of mine purchased the same camera some weeks ago and have the same issues.

I hope GoPro is hard at work on updated and reliable software because this not good engough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having the same problems

I am having the same problems with mine. I also have an issue with continuous recording not working. Will have to try different durations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts