GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, We got our GoPro for Christmas and the first time we used it 4 days ago on safari in Africa, the sd card spring would not bounce in or out. Luckily we had other cameras, but we would certainly like to get this fixed. Do you send a new part? Do I return the camera? Do I do it through where we got it (BestBuy) or through GoPro? Would love any help to get it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you.

·
Administrator
9,455 Posts
Welcome to the Forums of goproforums.com not gopro.com What you may want to do is if you got a bestbuy extended warranty go with them first. If not then you will have to deal direct with Gopro.com/contactus page. Fill the form, chose the chat or callback.

Either company, have your receipt photo'd/in hand, a photo of the issue in hand, the serial number of the camera, located on the box, in the camera under preference scroll to about camera, or on the sd card via card reader in the misc files.

Gopro will email a RMA,. you need to fill out the RMA with your Home address in full, then send back the camera Only nothing else, no card, no usb, no battery, if you send back anything else with it, you will not get it returned at all back to you? Ship by the carrier they tell you, Should Be today UPS, before it was Fed ex, you must Write the RMA # on the box, and I write the case number they give you as well . All prepaid by GoPro. When gopro receives it at Riverside Ca, they will process the camera and return it the same time it took to get there plus one week,

Bestbuy may simply hand you a new camera at the CS geek squad, or send out for you?

I hope that is the answer you are looking for?

Been there done that a dozen times. you'll get a brown box back in return and a protected hero camera new. They say

·
Administrator
2,855 Posts
Personally I would go straight back to Bestbuy. The process should be a lot easier and quicker. They may just tell you to contact the manufacturer at this point though, but I would try there first nonetheless.
If they say the latter, then contact GoPro for an RMA and return the camera to them for repair.
Hope it all works out well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts