Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown:
Hi folks,
I'm a new user to GoPro and I recently bought my 7 black along with a 256GB samsung evo plus memory card.
This card is recommended by Gopro on their list.

The PROBLEM:
When i insert the card, Gopro pop up a error message and tells me to format the card.
FINE, I press format. After 10 minutes, its still doing the formatting.
I shut it down, format it on my pc, exFat format, default allocation (and I also tried 16kb allocation). It still tells me to format the card when I insert the card.

Many of you might think i'm impatient, so I tried to let it do its formatting for 24hours!

Still not working!!! I tried all other methods, such as delete the volume and create a new one, and all sort of things i could think of.

Anyone knows what i can do about it? I also contacted gopro support, and still not working.
FIY, the card is legit, brand new, works fine on other devices.

Thanks folks, please help me out TT

·
Administrator
2,864 Posts
First thing I would do is try another card in order to rule out a GoPro issue.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I've tried another card, it works just fine. Now i have no idea whether its gopro's issue or the cards issue. the card works just fine on other devices

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First thing I would do is try another card in order to rule out a GoPro issue.....
Hi,
I've tried another card, it works just fine. Now i have no idea whether its gopro's issue or the cards issue. the card works just fine on other devices

·
Administrator
2,864 Posts
Seems like that card isn't compatible with the GoPro.
If other cards work fine in the GoPro then that rules the GoPro out as being the issue.

·
Administrator
9,614 Posts
If you formatted and the problem is not the gopro. then it;s the card. suggested a smaller card, a reputable seller and higher quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.