GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used my son's hero 5 black for the first time yesterday at the local skatepark without issue. He came home and loaded the footage onto his laptop, then formatted the card ( we have the one in the below link )

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3317996

Then, when we put the card back in the go pro, it came up with "sd card busy" before giving a record time on the screen of 01:23 and sd error message. We tried formatting the card in the GoPro, then resetting the camera back to factory - in fact everything that we can find on the GP site / google / YouTube but still we have the same error.

Am I missing something ? The card appears to be compatible otherwise it wouldn't have worked in the first place for a few hours ?

Any help appreciated as I have a really disappointed 13 year old now

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
mine says the same when i first turn it on, but clears after a few seconds. I think its just intialising & reading the card

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I had a read of this

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-5-Black-sd-error/td-p/15556

Looks like there is a major issue. I was sure that sandisk were on the GP site as recommended in late November / early December but now it's Lexar. Reading the above link shows I haven't gone mad - indeed, Sandisk has been replaced by Lexar.

So, I will try a different card when the stores open and see if that solves it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, tried a different card and the same SD card error came up. So the GP will go back to the store now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried reformatting the card via GoPro, via PC, resetting the GoPro - everything.

Took it back to the store who tested it, said it was faulty and replaced it immediately. They only had one hero5 black left as the salesman said this card busy / error was happening a lot. They also said that the use the same SA disk card that I have. Came home and put the same SD card in and it works fine.

So we'll see if this develops the same fault

1 - 10 of 10 Posts