GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new here and wondering if anyone can help me out with a question. I have an Hero 4 black and am running it on the FeiyuTech G4S. The problem with this is that it won't allow me to fit my LCD Backpack on the GoPro while in use. The FeiyuTech has a mini USB on the pole you can tap into to live view video from the GoPro. Does anyone know of a mini USB to Hero 30 pin cable? Or is anyone using a small external monitor with their GoPro that they like? Really wanting to hardwire so there is no lag.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Welcome. so the gimbal allows the lcd but not connecting to the pole I guess we can not have both worlds right?

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Fy-G4Susb port is an extension off the gopros original port. so this is one reason why I believe the lcd back fails to work correct? Why the FY-G4 to me was the better.

As for what Drzcharlieis recommending I suggest trying out what you have first, your smartphone.

A) it be one less thing I have to carry around
B) but something I can wear on my wrist then try to hold a smartphone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the charging port on the pole is what keeps the LCD from fitting, can't have the best of both worlds lol. I liked the G4S because of the joystick and the fact that you don't have to unscrew an extension pole to turn it off and on. However, I do believe the G4S better suites Silver owners who like the video feed. From what I've read the Removu has more lag than iPhone does. However, if I were to take it snowboarding trying to hold my phone and the G4 would not be fun, so the fact that it straps to the wrist is nice.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Motor blocks view if asked?

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Offtopic:
on hero 4 Black you purchase a LCD back pack from a goprosite

A LCD screen allows an option to frame use the cam and down theroad you basically don't use them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts