GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the GoPro with me on our trip to the Colorado River this past weekend. First time I really got to run the Hero 3 through its paces. Worked flawlessly.

We flew out of Long Beach CA in my airplane to Blythe CA to meet up with family and friends.

Let me know what you think!

GoPro: River - YouTube

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Excellent footage of the jet skies, enjoyed the footage , still cool for water fun up here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice footage. What kind pole mount are you using there?
Its a homemade pole using pvc standpipe and the GoPro tripod mount.
In total probably cost me about $10 to make 3 of them (in different lengths, and the tripod mount can be moved to any of them). I had found the plans online somewhere, if I find them Ill post them. Only thing I still need to add is a grip on the end, otherwise it worked great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice footage. What kind pole mount are you using there?
Ok finally found the site with the plans for the pole I used.

http://imadethisdesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/4-camera-pole-mount-gopro-contourhd.html

I went through a lot of different plans online before deciding on this one. I ended up buying 3 different lengths of the standpipe. And then I just unscrew the cap with the tripod mount on it and can put it on any of the other poles. I have a 12" one for when I just want a something to hold on to when using the camera for general shooting. I used the 36" one in this video for the jet ski trip. And I also bought a 48" one but have not used it yet. I still need to add a grip to the end of them, but other than that, its the best $4 spent on a gopro accessory (And took me only about 10 min to make). I figured the 36" one will get the most use because it fits inside my suitcase for traveling. And it can be extended past that pretty easily with the correct fittings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts